NAMESCO cgi issues please read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NAMESCO cgi issues please read

Namesco this morning altered all the cgi permissions on the folders to make them "more secure". I am a developer and was by chance looking at one of my sites and found the issue. This stopped shoppers from adding products to the cart and brought up a 301 page.

I rang namesco and they said an email went out this morning to let us know about it - I haven't received it.

Tech support suggested I changed the cgi folder permissions to 750 and this seems to be working for some sites and not others. Does it take time to kick in?

Same old namesco - they never tell you anything, including scheduled down time!!!

Just so you know they are now stating there is an issue and they are on top of it :

Our systems administrators are currently running a script that will automatically resolve the problems. due to the number of domains we host this will take a few hours to run.

Your website should be back to normal later this afternoon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Comment

Please forgive my ignorance but how do you change the CGI file permissions to 750? Names Co were as helpful as a chocolate teapot. Thanks.

Comment

You need to go into your ftp programme. I use wsftp pro and properties the folder then simply type in 750 which changes the relevant permissions.

Comment

Working...
        X