Integrating Nochex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello There

Can I just check before I send in my test order, Bruce, you say not to download the test order - by that I presume you mean not to use Actinic to 'retrieve orders'?

If I don't retrieve orders, how do I know whether I'm still showing as PSP pending?

Just to add in, as Pete said above, Nochex said to me that they keep sending the confirmation request 16 times before giving up after getting nothing back. If all goes to plan, the request should only be seen once, more than that is a sign things have been going wrong!

scsishop: you intrigue me - that sounds easy - if you could let us know that would be great.
    Caite
    www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
      Hi Pete,

You still have not answered a basic question that I have asked about three times now. Do you have 2 seperate accounts or just one account with Nochex?

Regards,
      Hi Bruce

I didn’t answer the question as I could not see any reason why it is relevant to the problem we are experiencing. Nor do Nochex. Baring in mind that any problems you may believe could be caused by using the account on two websites, could not possibly be the cause of the problem, as for the first 2 weeks our account was only being used by one site.

As you have said
      Development have had a look on the server and in the error.err file it shows that the Authorisation call back record was repeated 16 times.
      The fact the Nochex does not get a reply from the Actinic script, cannot possibly be related to how many other websites may or may not pay money into that Nochex account.

I’ve just got off the phone to Nochex and they clearly stated that we can use our account on both the real site and the test site and it could not possibly be causing this problem.

Is the development team any closer to finding out what is stopping Actinic from communicating properly with Nochex on our host?

Pete

Comment

Pete,

Is the development team any closer to finding out what is stopping Actinic from communicating properly with Nochex on our host?
        Not at the moment. We would have had more luck if we had SSH access, FTP is limiting and it is slowing the process.

Regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Pete,

The problem is that, the two sites points to the same directory on the server. In this case, if one of the site is updated, then it will overwrite the files of the other site. Please separate the two sites, so they have to be in separate directories and the DNS names/FTP roots must point to the proper directories also.

When it is done, then delete everything from the present directories, including the cgi-bin dir, then do a web refresh on both sites. Once done development can investigate it further.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

Pete,

The problem is that, the two sites points to the same directory on the server. In this case, if one of the site is updated, then it will overwrite the files of the other site. Please separate the two sites, so they have to be in separate directories and the DNS names/FTP roots must point to the proper directories also.

When it is done, then delete everything from the present directories, including the cgi-bin dir, then do a web refresh on both sites. Once done development can investigate it further.

Kind regards,
            What server are we talking about?

The two sites ARE completly separate. We can update each site without overwriting the other. That is why we were using www.ict-coursework.co.uk to test changes, before you asked us not to.

Could you please give me more information about what you mean?

Comment

Pete,

Sorry, they are seperate, the www.ict-coursework.co.uk site however is not a default site, if you check the directory. It is a mixture of two sites and lot of unused and multiple copied files.

Like:
              copy_of_Cleansing_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Cleanse.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_bars.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Powders.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleanse.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_bars.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleanse.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_bars.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleanse.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleanse.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Cleansing_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Creams_and_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Masks.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Moisturise.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Serums_and_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Tone1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Creams_and_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Exfoliating_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Eye_care1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Foaming_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Make-up_Removers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Moisturise.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Serums_and_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Tone1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Creams_and_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Exfoliating_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Eye_care1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Foaming_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Make-up_Removers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Moisturise.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Serums_and_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Tone1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Creams_and_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Exfoliating_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Eye_care1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Foaming_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Make-up_Removers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Masks.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Moisturise.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Serums_and_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_Tone1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Creams_and_Balms.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Exfoliating_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Eye_care1.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Foaming_Cleansers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Lotions.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Make-up_Removers.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Masks.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Moisturise.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Serums_and_Oils.html
              copy_of_copy_of_Tone1.html
              Please log on to www.ict-coursework.co.uk by FTP, delete every file from acatalog and cgi-bin directory, then do a web refresh on the www.ict-coursework.co.uk site in Catalog.

If you can give us ( email me ) FTP details for www.pureskincare.co.uk, then I can get Development to take a look there also.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Pete,

Sorry, they are seperate, the www.ict-coursework.co.uk site however is not a default site, if you check the directory. It is a mixture of two sites and lot of unused and multiple copied files.

Like:

Please log on to www.ict-coursework.co.uk by FTP, delete every file from acatalog and cgi-bin directory, then do a web refresh on the www.ict-coursework.co.uk site in Catalog.

If you can give us ( email me ) FTP details for www.pureskincare.co.uk, then I can get Development to take a look there also.

Kind regards,
                Yes Bruce you are correct, there are files on that website that are not from the default site.

I will delete them ASAP and then maybe development can start looking into the problem again.

If I didnt know better I would start thinking that development were looking for any excuse possible to use as a reason for not finding a solution to this problem

Comment

Sorry, Pete. This is taking time to resolve and it is frustrating for both you and for us. We would like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible and have your installation working as it should.

Will inform development that you have done the needful. Can you also place an order and not download after the refresh so that they can do the check.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry, Pete. This is taking time to resolve and it is frustrating for both you and for us. We would like to get to the bottom of this as soon as possible and have your installation working as it should.

Will inform development that you have done the needful. Can you also place an order and not download after the refresh so that they can do the check.

Kind regards,
                    I've done it

Comment

Pete,

We have checked the server logs for the site around the test shop and couldn't find the authorisation callback from Nochex. As it was not received by the server, obviously, the order will have PSP pending status.

The log entry for authorisation callback looks like this (in case of our test site):

62.105.93.124 - - [16/Aug/2006:11:02:05 +0200] "POST
                      /cgi-bin/os000007.pl?PATH=%2e%2e%2fhtml%2fv7%2facatalog%2f&SEQUENCE=3&ACTI
                      ON=AUTHORIZE_52&CARTID=10Z3Z1Z10A1155718706B2932&ON=AT798770000256&TM=0&TO
                      _EMAIL=actinic_merchant@nochex.com&ACT_POSTPROCESS=1& HTTP/1.1" 200 2
                      The reason for not receiving this could be for various reasons:
                      - The callback was rejected by a , firewall, content filter or some other internet problem occurred.

Until the callback reaches the web server and the OrderScript, we can't do too much about it.

Can you ask your ISP to trace the route of this call and find out why it does not reach the web server?

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Pete,

We have checked the server logs for the site around the test shop and couldn't find the authorisation callback from Nochex. As it was not received by the server, obviously, the order will have PSP pending status.

The log entry for authorisation callback looks like this (in case of our test site):

The reason for not receiving this could be for various reasons:
                        - The callback was rejected by a , firewall, content filter or some other internet problem occurred.

Until the callback reaches the web server and the OrderScript, we can't do too much about it.

Can you ask your ISP to trace the route of this call and find out why it does not reach the web server?

Kind regards,

Hi Bruce

I’m confused; we have essentially repeated the process that we did back on the 9th Aug, posting 106 onwards

In Posting 109 you say:

By checking the error.err file, we can see that the authorisation request did arrive a couple of times for the same order, which means, some other error has happened.
                        but now you say:
                        We have checked the server logs for the site around the test shop and couldn't find the authorisation callback from Nochex.
                        This is also different from what I saw on the server logs on the 3rd Aug (posting 35) where there were obvious entries from the Nochex servers trying to connect to /cgi-bin/os000001.pl

Pete

Comment

Pete,

After the refresh yesterday you placed a test order, there is no Authorization call back for this order. Can you try placing another test so thatw e can chec if the call back is happening or not.

We definately did see the call back happening before the refresh yesterday, so thats the reason for asking you to check with your host/ISP if they can see if it is being blocked.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Pete,

After the refresh yesterday you placed a test order, there is no Authorization call back for this order. Can you try placing another test so thatw e can chec if the call back is happening or not.

We definately did see the call back happening before the refresh yesterday, so thats the reason for asking you to check with your host/ISP if they can see if it is being blocked.

Kind regards,
                            I have emailed them but they have not replied yet. I have noticed that they seem to be thoroughly sick and tired of my questions over this matter. There responses tend to be rather assertive stating that they have enabled the firewall rules which is a job they do every day for different people etc. etc

Comment

Pete,

Thanks for the update. Can you perhaps give us the ISP contact details. I could get Tamas to contact them direct and see if we can get something done. Email the details to me and we can then follow this up.

Kind regards,
                              Bruce King
                              SellerDeck

Comment

Hiya

Is anything happening on my site with this? Not sure what I should be doing here.

Caite
                                Caite
                                www.tuppys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X