Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Entry Page and Google ranking

Hi All,

Whilst shopping on the web earlier this evening I noticed that the site that ranked number 1 under my Google search took to a page that consisted of a list of key words for just a few fractions of a second before taking me to its Home page. What would be going on here? Searching other terms nearly always returned the site in the top three so from that point of view it is an effective technique but is this "not quite cricket"? or am I being naive and missing a trick?!?!....

Regards,

Rob
    Rob Wynn
    http://www.justspaniels.co.uk

Sounds like a doorway page - a page full of keywords designed to rank high on google, they have a redirect on them so that as soon as you land on them you are directed to the sites visitor page. This is Black Hat SEO and Google hates sites like this - I suggest you report the site to Google and if it is found to be abusing the system it will be banned.

It is up to all those who play fair to report those that dont.

Comment

Report them here: http://www.google.com/contact/spamreport.html

Comment

Thanks for that Malcolm - I did suspect it to be not quite right but being new to this game was not sure!

Thanks again

Rob
        Rob Wynn
        http://www.justspaniels.co.uk

Comment

How come so many sites appear in adwords that are just piggybacking the search into their own site. For example I type in 'buy radio' and in 10th position in the adwords is a site 'leapfinder dot com' which just seems to send you off to other directory and search sites (similar for telebul dot com etc etc). They seem to appear for almost any keywords imaginable. Do they automate this in some way?

I think Google should vet the ads in a similar way as Overture/Yahoo.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
            They seem to appear for almost any keywords imaginable.
            Similar tactics that used to create HTML pages from search strings eg enter "Golden Rabbit Noses" into Google and top of the pile would be some dodgy domain with Golden_Rabbit_Noses.html as a pagename. This also must have been banned as not seen any for a while... which is a shame as all out of noses

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

> which is a shame as all out of noses
              I've got some nice pink ones you can have it you like, no gold though ;-)

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Got some red flashing ones!

Comment

Working...
                X