Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC card processing error

Can someone help please.

I've just found out that my customers can't input their card details via HSBC eSecure card processing. They get the error

"Transaction was rejected by HSBC. Message:The transaction failed because of invalid input data"

I did exstensive testing in "test mode" but have to admit I just assumed when I switched to "production mode" it would work the same. Silly and rather embarrassing as you can imagine.

Now reading other post I think the error might be that I'm using a shared SSL. It appears that HSBC need dedicated SSL to work (though works ok in test mode).

Is this correct?
    How did I miss something as fundimental as that!

I've had to suspend my web site and I know its a Bank Holiday (it 5 am now and I'm off to Cornwall myself - been up all night try to get to the bottom of this), but I'd appreciate some advice.
    I'll have to find an internet cafe somewhere in Cormwall and guess I'm working all weekend now!

Cheers for any help

Frustrated,

Matthew
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Matthew

Did you get supplied with a test password and then have to confirm integration prior to receiving a live password?

I know this is the case with Protx but unsure about HSBC and just need to confirm.

Regards
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Once testing is complete you need to call HSBC and get them to switch the payments on at thier end. They will run several checks and then enable the integration.

Comment

Hsbc

in answer to the first reply - no I didnt get a "test" password it wasnt needed.

in answer to the second reply - the account is active I can logon directly into my merchant account. But just to be on the safe side I called HSBC and they confirmed account should be active. I need to talk to there technical dept but they are closed now till Tues AM.

I still think this might be a SSL issue after viewing other posts.

Does anyone else use HSBC? And are they aware of this shared SSL issue?

Thanks for the help

Matthew
        Matthew Wildeman
        www.bigmatts.com
        2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

It appears that HSBC need dedicated SSL to work (though works ok in test mode).
          I use HSBC is many of my sites and non of them use SSL - it may be that it is the SSL causing the problem and not integrating correctly. Try not using SSL and see if it works.

Comment

HSBC again

I checked all the posts again and it does appear that HSBC need to do something. So I called them again and this time got a different answer.
            Apparently the people who I spoke to before could only say my "terminal" was active. Not the same as the eSecure side. Typically they dont open weekends or bank holidays.

So I think I'll just have to wait till Tues AM to speak to the right people and hope my customer dont get too annoyed.

Thanks for the replies etc much appreciated. i'll keep you informed of progress

Matthew
            Matthew Wildeman
            www.bigmatts.com
            2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Yes the terminal is active from day 1. For the secure payments they need to see the site working and test the integration at thier end, once that is done they will activate the live payments when you request it.

Comment

Sorted

Answer was simple

you have to get HSBC eSecure people to activate the card processing otherwise you are in "test mode" there end.

Apparently it tells you that you need to contact them in the documentation but I cant find it anywhere. I've ask them to escalate the issue to mangement. A letter with the password saying "you need to call xxxx to activate it.."

Anyway panic over - site back up and taking orders

Cheers

mat
                Matthew Wildeman
                www.bigmatts.com
                2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Working...
                X