ssl test is failing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Grace,

That seems to be working except for the SSl bit.

have you got an SSL certificate and has your server been setup to use it? If not, then you may not need it if you're using a payment sservice provider such as secpay, protx or paypal.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by grace
      what is the cheapest host service that supports Actinic please
      We have found:
      http://www.4surehosting.co.uk/hosting/web_hosting.shtml
      to be very good, excellent technical support etc.

I had a lot of problems trying to get the Actinic wizard to work properly too, have a look at http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=22130

Are you able to connect to your site using an FTP program such as SmartFTP?

Pete

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot
        Hi Grace,

That seems to be working except for the SSl bit.

have you got an SSL certificate and has your server been setup to use it? If not, then you may not need it if you're using a payment sservice provider such as secpay, protx or paypal.

Mike
        No I dont have an SSL cert at all.That is what brought up this whole enquiry because I thought I needed to by one for my buyers to have trust in our website.I use Nochex so maybe ,like you said I do not need one.

How do I know if I have intergrated Nochex properly?Should my buyers be taken to the Nochex website to fill in their card details and not do so on my website checkout page??????.(Like what happens with paypal)

Thanks

Comment

Yes, buyers should be taken to the nochex site to pay.

I just tried a test order using nochex and everything looks Ok in that it did take me to the nochex payment screen.

If I were you I'd palce a real live order to make sure the payment side works properly (you should also be able to do a refund to cancel the payment later).

Ignore SSL. You don't need it for the way your website is set up (although you should probably use when collecting CC details on your own site as currently set up). If I were you I'd remove the Actinic CC collection bit off the website and just use the PSPs. It's more secure all around.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thank You very much for all the feedback

Comment

Working...
            X