Directories ? - using Wizard to connect & upload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Peter,

I have sent you the settings I used to get a test site up and running by email.
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi All

Bill has sorted my problem out – a big public thanks to him – even after he had sorted the settings etc. we tried to run the Connection Wizard in Actinic and hit exactly the same problem as before – i.e. that there was a problem with the server. However, working on the logic that Bill had got our site operational, we then just clicked on the ‘upload’ button in the main toolbar and it uploaded!

We asked Bill why and he said “The wizard is a programme script, and the programmer made some assumptions that handle the majority of setups. It is only intended to help you arrive at the correct Network Setup.”

Thanks again,

Pete

Comment

When I click update all i get is the cursor and egg-timer

Hi,

Can anyone help me? I have managed to upload some of my site to the ftp server using the upload/update blue arrow button. But now when i try to use it all i get is the cursor and the egg-timer flashing...no window appears like before showing me what the program is doing. What has happened and what can i do about it?

This is the first time i have done anything like this and so i am a bit lost in it all. Can anyone help!!?

Comment

Hi Abi

This can happen if Actinic is blocked when trying to connect to the Internet. Have you recently installed any security such as Norton Internet Security which includes a firewall. It could be that your firewall settings are too high.

It's also worth going to 'Advanced | Network Setup' and trying a 'Test' to see whether there is a problem with your settings.

Also, you could try a 'Web | Refresh website' rather than an update.

Comment

Working...
          X