Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An error occurred while sending the merge request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An error occurred while sending the merge request.

ARGHHH!!

This is doing my nut in!

I get the error message "An error occurred while sending the merge request." all the time.

If I try uploading again I'll get something like "An error occurred while merging files on the remote site. Diff file checksum error (Calculated 45368707, Expected 45440714).Please refresh your website. If the probem persists and you are unable to upload your store contact your Actinic reseller or Actinic Support as appropriate."

The 3rd usually works, but I may also get the error message "An error occurred while merging files on the remote site. Error copying from 'from' file."

I have tried what I can to resolve this, including,
    i) A full purge and refresh, The error will come back on the first update.
    ii) Changing all permissions of acatalog files to 777 and .pl files in cgi-bin to 755.
    iii) Turning the firewall off on the PC. (The PC already has no antivirus on it, just Windows Firewall!)
    iv) I took off ssl on checkout on my website.

Yesterday a customer complained that they couldn't order, and sure enough when adding to cart you'd get a script error. This was the first bad thing after about 2 weeks of uploading 3 times just to update my website once!

What can I do to resolve this?

Does it matter downloads and uploads are done on different PCs, but always the same PCs?

Thanks

Martin

When you update/refresh make sure that you highlight the homepage or catalog icon. If you have a fragment highlighted then this can give a merge error.

Comment

Just looked at the PC, and the homepage is highlighted, but I can't remember if it was highlighted at the time of upload - will check next time, thanks.

Comment

With the homepage highlighted I ran a transfer from Sage and uploaded and did not get the merge error.

This then tells me Customer Accounts do not have buyers. So I sort that then upload, and then I get the merge error! I try a 2nd time and get the usual checksum error. A third time results in a clean upload.

Is it just when I update my customer's account details?

I will test this further, but has this problem cropped up before?

Thanks

Martin

Comment

Try a purge and refresh with the homepage icon highlighted.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
            Try a purge and refresh with the homepage icon highlighted.
            How confident are you that will work, as I'm not too keen on closing my website so soon again.

Martin

Comment

I have no idea at all if it will work - I am only making a suggestion

Comment

Support changed permissions on the whole cgi-bin folder for me to 755 - not just the .pl files.

I refresh went ok but I don't hold out much hope

Comment

Working...
                X