Actinic REFUSES to accept printer settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic REFUSES to accept printer settings

Ok, I've had this problem for like the last 3 websites and it's REALLY starting to tick me off. I don't get the problem most of the time because my labels are printed by Mole (which works correctly), but when I have to manually print or reprint an address label in actinic it prints on the wrong size label.

Simply put, Actinic has a fixation on a particular label regardless of the what label I chose last time, or what the default label is. God knows where it's getting this other label from, but here is how I can replicate it -

On local PC - selected 'printers & faxes', selected dymo, chose 'printing preferences', changed default from 30252 to 99014, closed, re-opened, 99014 still selected. Select printer again, chose properties, paper size still set to 99014. On server (that printer is plugged into) - checked properties and printer preferences, both set to 99014. Opened Actinic, chose to reprint dataentry report, click 'printer setup' button, paper size is set to 30252!!!!!

(in Actinic) If I go into File | printer setup it shows 30252 as the paper size, but if I press the properties button it comes back with 99014. If I select 99014 as the paper size, and then press ok, and then go back in to File | printer setup it is set back to 30252.

So basically the printer default is definitely set to 99014, but actinic is setting it to 30252 and won't retain the change of setting.

This means when I print manually, I choose 'data entry report' then instead of just pressing 'print', I have to press 'printer setup', scroll down a list, select the correct label, say 'ok', THEN press print. That is pretty annoying when I have to print more than a couple of labels.

Any ideas?
    John

Hi John, Please try the following:

1) Close Actinic and Go to 'Start | Run' and type in 'regedit'.

2) In the folders at the left-hand side, browse to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Actinic\Catalog7\Sites\Site1 (or whatever site it is).

3) Delete the folder called 'Printer Settings' you can see there.

4) Open Actinic and try again, it should use the printer default from Windows.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Deleted the whole key, it still does the same thing - when I go into file|printer or into the reprint DE reports it is still set to the wrong value. When I exit actinic and run regedit again it has put the key back with the same values.

I also tried changing 'papersize' to a different value but strangly it doesn't make any difference.
      John

Comment

Hi John,

I'm not sure why this is happening, I would advise in getting contact with Support regarding this, to see where it is picking it up from

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Do check with support but I have a feeling that I had the same problem and it was down to the windows printer settings not remembering what the default paper size (i.e. label) was.

I managed to get it to stick somehow by playing with the printer settings but I can't for the life of me remember how.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I think you need to set the default label size on your printer to the one you want, then do what Nadeem suggested again and then print - if you do that, I reckon it will work.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

But windows is set just fine. Any windows setting I go into (preferences/properties), and in any other app I've tested, it is set to the correct label.
              John

Comment

I think that Actinic might have stored the wrong settings, hence the suggestion to check that the default setting is changed on the printer and then resetting the registry for Actinic printing. If that doesn't work, it must be the pixies ;-)

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Did that.

If I catch the little pixies that did this I'll pull their little pixie wings off!
                  John

Comment

lol, poor little pixies.

Ok, lets backtrack a little, if you use OSOP and set up the label printer to print using the default printer settings, does it select the correct label size?

Regards,

Comment

ok, i gotta ask... osop?
                      John

Comment

One Stop Order Processing
                        Bill
                        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

to you John, One Stop Automation (got the wrong thingy there, sorry), try the batch order processor bit on a single order - preview is fine, no need to actually print.

(I'm reading a spy / computer hacking novel at the moment by the way - hence the acronyms:-))

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
                            ps. There's a coupon available for "Verified for Visa" customers, see this thread.
                            First site, can't find Brother HL-2040
                            Second site, page not found.
                            Third site - Green Tea - all 'out of stock'
                            Sorry, can't do business!
                            Paul
                            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

First site, can't find Brother HL-2040
                              Second site, page not found.
                              Third site - Green Tea - all 'out of stock'
                              Sorry, can't do business!
                              1) Not sure why no HL2040, but try the HL2030 - they both use the same TN2000 cartridge -

http://www.crazydaves.co.uk/TN-2000-...L2030.html#a10

2) Stupid flakey US host

3) Yeha haven't had those for years, spose I should take them off...

Ok, lets backtrack a little, if you use OSOP and set up the label printer to print using the default printer settings, does it select the correct label size?
                              Will check tomorrow, been racing all day, now knackered...
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X