No announcement yet.

Offine Preview has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have identified that there issue with some v7 users and IE7 - and we are looking into possible fixes. In the meantime, you can always use the 'Offline Page Preview' to fire up a preview in your web browser rather than within Actinic. Sorry there are no other solutions to hand at the minute.

Comment

Page Preview

Chris,
      If by 'page preview' you mean the icons at the top of Actinic - they don't work either, most of the time. The only way I've found, so far, seems to be going back several stages in the products tree to a primary section and coming forward again 1 stage at a time. Trying to jump 2 ot 3 stages forward will not work. Watching the page preview screen, at the bottom, it looks as if it is trying to refresh, but it flickers and re-displays the original screen.
      David
      parterredesign.co.uk

Comment

I have noticed this problem too, for now I just clock on the Preview Page tool in the top toolbar to launch IE7 for previewing - its tedious but it'll have to do for now.
        Sellerdeck Business Plus 12.0.1.NBLA

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
          Hi Steve

I'm afraid I can't give a timescale on when this issue is going to be fixed. From our testing with IE v7, we haven't seen any issues, Some of our Support use IE7 with Actinic v7 and v8 and they haven't report problems, even with customer snapshots. But this is still being investigated currently, and I will post this information onto development

Kind Regards
          Just to let you know I use V7 and have just upgraded to IE7 and the exact same disaster has just befallen me! I now get no images showing in any preview window or even in the output window when I'm using v7. I don't want to go back to ie6 and risk messing up my pc anymore, so what is the solution?

Comment

Paul

We are investigating this at the moment, but haven't got a solution. The annoying thing is that we have not been able to reproduce it all in house. Can you still generate an offline page preview outside of Actinic.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              Paul

We are investigating this at the moment, but haven't got a solution. The annoying thing is that we have not been able to reproduce it all in house. Can you still generate an offline page preview outside of Actinic.
              Hi, No. Neither review page or preview catalog shows any graphics that are not within the actinic site folder. 99% of my graphics are in a seperate folder on a seperate drive and it's these that are not showing. The fix at the moment is to upload the site to my webspace and see what it looks like!

Hope this helps.

Comment

Please right-click on one of the images in the preview and select 'Properties'. What is the path that Actinic has inserted for the source of the image?

Comment

Originally posted by glennmac
                  I installed IE7 at the weekend. On trying Actinic the Content page preview worked only erratically. On hitting 'Apply', there was no change in the preview. I had to click on another product/section and then back to the original to view it properly. Checked and double-checked IE options - all OK. Got frustrated and reinstalled IE6 - everything now OK. Anyone with similar problem - or better still - anyone with a solution? Glenn

Similar problem here - I wasn't aware of this issue and downloaded Internet Explorer 7 last night - Now my Content page preview no longer works. I thought I had an error in Catalog until checking here. The full page preview works sometimes, but even after closing Actinic down and re-opening, many of the changes aren't showing - very frustrating, confusing and time consuming when adding new products

How can I re-install IE6? The MS IE6 download stops after a few seconds and refuses to continue as IE7 is installed, and I can't find a way to unistall IE7..

Nik

Comment

You should be able to uninstall IE7 from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel, but it may be better and easier to just switch the 'live' preview off and use the single page preview in browser when you really need to see the effect of a change.
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Originally posted by wjcampbe
                      You should be able to uninstall IE7 from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel, but it may be better and easier to just switch the 'live' preview off and use the single page preview in browser when you really need to see the effect of a change.

Cheers Bill! I thought I'd checked earlier in the Control Panel and IE7 wasn't there for removal, but just had another look now and it is.. (doh!)

I've uninstalled IE7 and it defaulted back to IE6. The Actinic preview pane is now working again.....HOORAY!!

Thanks again,

Nik

Comment

Please right-click on one of the images in the preview and select 'Properties'. What is the path that Actinic has inserted for the source of the image?
                        Hi Chris, sorry for the delay but here is the properties path for an image...

file:///E:/F:/webpub/BravidoPC1/flagsm.jpg

The E:/F: looks a bit strange to me.

Comment

Well that'll be what's causing the error. What does the field say in Actinic?

Could you also tell me which drive you have Actinic installed on, and which drive you have Internet Explorer installed on?

Comment

Well that'll be what's causing the error. What does the field say in Actinic?

Could you also tell me which drive you have Actinic installed on, and which drive you have Internet Explorer installed on?
                            Yes. Actinic is on E:
                            IE is on C:
                            My data (pictures) is on F:

Ive just noticed another problem due to IE7 and that is when you change any details on a item for sale like price it doesn't update it in the lower preview window like it used to. Not even swapping away to another catalogue page and back again causes it to update. I have to hit preview catalogue to force the lower preview page to upate.

As much as I'd like to remove ie7 and go back to 6, I want to resist it as I'm not a big one for going backwards. Hope this info helps.

Comment

After installing IE7 I found the Page Preview pane would not display images unless they were in the Site1 folder on my PC. After uninstalling IE7 everything was back to normal (if you uninstall IE7 from the Control Panel, IE6 automatically makes a welcome return).

IE7 does strange things, including making your Temporary Internet Files folder vanish and losing the icons in your favourites (sorry, favorites) list.
                              John Ennals
                              www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I'm afraid there is going to be no way to fix this problem with IE7 until a new version of v7 is made available - I don't know when this will be though.

Until then, re-instating v6 of IE is your best bet.

A lot of the new features in IE7 (tabbed browsing, better security etc.) are already available in other browsers such as Mozilla Firefox and Opera. You could always check those out.

Comment

Working...
                                X