Offine Preview has stopped working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi there

Sorry about the delay in getting a Vista/IE7-compatible version of v7 out the door. We had to get a Vista-compatible version of v8 completed first (which is v8.5 - now on beta). Barring any big problems with the beta, we'll get to work next on releasing the next version of v7.

One note about v8.5 - there are some enhanced shipping options that might be of interest. You can do 'free over' on a class by class basis now, and also have different calculation bases for different classes. There's the introduction of Volumetric shipping as well. Feel free to grab a beta and check it out. Details are in http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=27320.

Comment

Will the next v7 update resolve the previewing problem with IE7 for XP systems and not just for Vista?

Duncan
      Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Yes - it will.

Comment

Any more developments expected with v7 Chris, or only on a `fixing problems` basis?
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Just thought I'd chuck this in....

IE7 crashed my XP system all together, on re-boot IE wouldn't work, so I had to recover IE6.

Has anyone else had problems with IE7 aside Actinic preview problems ?

Thanks, Simon.

P.S. Do v7 owners, or otherwise, get an update notification automatically ?
            esafetysigns.co.uk
            your instant download portal for self printable health and safety signs and posters
            ... download once use as many times as you like !

http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/index.html
            http://www.esafetysigns.co.uk/acatalog/index.html

Comment

It's only going to be a 'fixing problems' basis - making sure that v7 users can still run their businesses despite Microsoft's best efforts

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                It's only going to be a 'fixing problems' basis - making sure that v7 users can still run their businesses despite Microsoft's best efforts
                Getting impatient now....How much longer till we get the V7 fix? It seems like I've been having to put up with this way too long.

I would have been tempted to upgrade but the distributor here doesn't answer my emails trying to get an upgrade price. Anyone know how much it costs to upgrade?

Comment

If you are ugently awaiting to use Vista for V7 I believe there is a beta out - you could contact support directly if you want it. Personally I'd wait - better sorted correctly than rushed.

It would be best to call Actinic sales for the upgrade price.

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
                    If you are ugently awaiting to use Vista for V7 I believe there is a beta out - you could contact support directly if you want it. Personally I'd wait - better sorted correctly than rushed.

It would be best to call Actinic sales for the upgrade price.
                    No I'm not wanting vista, just IE7 compatability with V7. I can't upgrade to Vista because I need Actinic working on it. I am very reluctant to upgrade to V8 as I only bought v7 less than 6 months before they went to V8. Personally I think the upgrade price for someone in my postition is way way too expensive.

I'm currently seriously reconsidering using Actinic and moving on to something else.

Comment

Originally posted by Casio
                      I'm currently seriously reconsidering using Actinic and moving on to something else.
                      To do this will cost you more than doing the upgrade that you don't want to do. Pointless cutting off your nose IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                        To do this will cost you more than doing the upgrade that you don't want to do. Pointless cutting off your nose IMO.
                        True, but I'm a bit peeved at the slowness of fixing the bug, plus my software becoming obsolete within months of buying it.

Comment

True, but I'm a bit peeved at the slowness of fixing the bug,
                          bug fixing is always going to be slower thanany of us ideally would like, its not the bug fix that takes time, its ensuring there are no knock on effects that crucifies the software.

plus my software becoming obsolete within months of buying it.
                          your software is not obsolete. you can still run a profitable shop from it. You should consider buying cover, as the tech support and free upgrades make it value for money

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeem
                            Hi Graeme,

I'm afraid we wouldn't produce a new exe, as we have discontinued v4 for some time now. v4 has been retired for some time now. Normally we would provide patches for v7 and v8, but nothing before that.

Kind Regards
                            Just thought I'd let you know the V7.07 Patch doesn't cure the problem! After a huge wait for the patch and working almost blind in all that time, it doesn't blooming well fix the problem. Not on my machine at least.
                            I still get this when I get the properties of a picture in Actinic. Looks very wrong to me.

file:///E:/F:/webpub/company/expanded.jpg

Back to the drawing board!

Comment

Installed this morning v7.0.7 and the preview is working on my computer with previewing back to the way it was. At last...

Duncan
                              Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

file:///E:/F:/webpub/company/expanded.jpg
                                Try putting your Actinic images INSIDE the site folder. You can not really complain that Actinic is broken when you do not follow the software recommended use directions.
                                Bill
                                www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                                Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                                BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                                Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                                VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                                Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
                                X