Stock monitoring - not working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock monitoring - not working!

In August we had some issues that started when our Payment Service Provider changed some things. We ended up getting support involved. In the end I lost a MONTH of my website not working properly. When we finally got it we had changed to Sure solutions servers (which for 2 weeks did not have the right settings - they kept telling me - it's working here fine - than finally figured out it was their mistake) - my original problem returned - which was a warning about credit cards not processing properly even though they are.

Anyways, in addition to that - which I have no choice but to live with through the Christmas season - now when I download an order it does not take it out of stock. There is nothing fancy here. No attributes, nothing special. Stock monitoring is enabled on these products - it use to work, Is there some underlying setting that I am missing? We have 2 websites - one where the stock monitoring is working and the one that is not - and I can not find any settings that are different that would cause this.

In what way is stock monitoring not working?

Regards
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

when I download an order from the internet it is not taken out of Actinic stock (in the content folder - estimated stock on hand). Not after I mark that a payment has been made (due to our stupid previous problem), not after I mark it as shipped, and not even when it goes to the completed folder. Now if I export the orders to QB and then do a QB to Actinic transfer the correct stock will show. But that is time consuming and the QB file is actually on another computer at another location - so I typically do that once or twice a week. It is becoming a huge problem with the holidays and the fact that we carry collectables so often we only have 1 or 2 of the item in stock at a time.

Thanks for the response!

Comment

What payment method are you using and what stock settings do you have on the product?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Try checking Business Settings > Options and make sure automatic stock monitoring isn't disabled.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

"Disable Automatic Stock Monitoring" is not checked.

We take check, credit card and PayPal. About half of our items are have "Stock Monitoring" checked (the rest are drop shipped) in the product detail. When I get an order it does not take anything out of the "Estimated Stock In Hand" box.

Comment

Hi Sara

Could you try placing a test offline order (click the 'New Order' button at the bottom of the 'Orders' tab) and see if this decreases the stock level of the products in the store. This will test whether the problem is within the online store, or within the application itself.

Comment

Actually, someone placed an order paying with PayPal and it took it out of stock. So it is due to my original problem with Actinic saying my credit card info isn't properly processed. Since we spent 6 weeks on this before with my website unable to take orders for at least 2 of those weeks and Actinic support involved - I would rather lose a few orders this Christmas than ALL the orders. Thanks for trying to help, but we are in the process of finding new software so after Christmas we can transition. We have had just to many problems, Actinic and QB do not do alot of the stuff we want it to do and Actinic support has almost always made the problem worse before they fix it or respond with "Oh Actinic can't do that" after 2 weeks of going back and forth.

Comment

Working...
                X