Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

previous unfixed component bug (with example)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

holy crap, are people still having this problem?

its been 45 years!

Comment

Indeed. I'll keep y'all updated on what happens.

Support never seem to fix the permutation issues or even update me on it Is it ironic they're always very prompt at reminding me the Cover renewal is due next week

Comment

Awesome.

Fergus you are a legend, thank you ever so much. I'm going to open a new Support Request to Request that you become Actinic's Support analyst - 3 days and Actinic have yet to find a solution, you did it in less than 5 minutes.

Nice one.

The original 'broken' section now works. Now to sit and go through every product and add to cart to see if it'll add to the cart without producing errors.

-----------------------------------

On a side note, when I add one of the 'broken' products to the cart, the error is shown on the product page, but the error.err log does not log the error. This doesn't seem right. 08451294800 time.

Many thanks,
        Grant

Comment

Glad you've got the problem sorted.
          I can't claim the real credit for the SQL issue as that was already on here *tips hat to abe*, just the resolution to the updating problem you were having. Years of fighting the foibles of ADO coming to the rescue there....
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by grantglendinnin View Post
            Thanks a lot Fergus - I've decided 'to hell with it' - people can't buy online at the moment so I may as well try it and upload the site - can't make things any worse I suppose..and there's the 3 duplicate backups I've taken, just in case! The VB script has executed and resequenced 30402 items, so I'd assume your SQL is spot on - uploading now...

Thanks,
            Grant
            Hi Grant

I tried it on database I have here, the problem with the Actinic code is that nPropertyId needs to be a long not an integer as values are greater than 32567. Ran for me and resequenced 138 choices.

I found the instructions were a bit misleading but it does work on V9 databases.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
            SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
            Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
              Hi Grant

I tried it on database I have here, the problem with the Actinic code is that nPropertyId needs to be a long not an integer as values are greater than 32567. Ran for me and resequenced 138 choices.

I found the instructions were a bit misleading but it does work on V9 databases.
              Hi Malcolm

Yes I did have a look at the database and did see there were some irregularities with the data type, which seems standard in the Actinic database. Who knows, they may even fix it for v11 in 2021.

I knew there were several permutations with issues all over the place which kept appearing random - so I'd test all the products in a sub-section and they'd all work OK, I didn't touch the section for weeks then a customer phones up and says they can't phone it. Coincidentally, tonight looks set to be the busiest night of the year so far on the order front. May well be a coincidence, may not, but hopefully this has sorted the permutations. I'm happy to run the script every week if this is the outcome

Cheers,
              Grant

Comment

Working...
              X