Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you configure Actinic to just upload updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you configure Actinic to just upload updates?

I know this is possible. But not sure how to do it.
    If say for example you have just made a small number of amendments to the site, and when you upload the site to your webspace - it seems every file is uploading again?

Where in Actinic can I configure so that it just upload the updates made and not the complete site again?

Reason is ive made some small amendemnts to the ACT_PRIMARY template page, but when I upload it is uploading the whole site

This I take it will work in a similar fashion if for example, one product stock level has changed, etc?

Thanks for your help!

Reason is ive made some small amendemnts to the ACT_PRIMARY template page
    When you change a template you are making a change to every page that uses that template and so Actinic will upload every page. When you make a change to a single product then Actinic will only upload a single page.

Comment

But it appears to load up all images, etc as well

Comment

But it appears to load up all images, etc as well
        Yes it will, its only in V8 you get the option to exclude unchanged images.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
          Yes it will, its only in V8 you get the option to exclude unchanged images.
          Ah, I see I did not realise that. Fair enough.
          One of the "improvements" of V8 I take it.

Comment

Malcolm are you sure it should upload images again?

After an Act_Primary change I hit upload and only the HTML pages (and the .cat files etc) are uploaded... none of the images are re-sent again!

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Malcolm are you sure it should upload images again
              It always has done when I make a template change.

Comment

I use the "blue arrow" on the tool bar "upload" and it doesn't upload the images after a Primary change. Don't think I have done anything funky to make it so

Bikster

Comment

Is there not some kind of setting about uploading just new updates???

I am sure I saw something similar to this when i first started using Actinic to just get an idea of how the whole software works, i was simply just messing around. Am sure of it

Comment

Upload should just upload changes

Refresh sends everything again

Bikster

Comment

Ive clicked upload after changing something simple like a stock level.
                      Here is a screenshot after clicking the "upload" icon.

To me it shows that it is uploading the html pages for each product, yet these products have NOT been changed therefore should not need to be updated/uploaded?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Almost certainly, the table that records the file upload data has been corrupted.

Compact databases, choose both options. When you are prompted to restart Actinic do a full Refresh. That will write a new record of each file upload, and should solve the problem for future updates.

Like Jont, only images I have added/changed get uploaded during a template change upload.
                        Bill
                        www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                        Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                        BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                        Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                        VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                        Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

To me it shows that it is uploading the html pages for each product
                          This should not happen if you are only making product changes

Comment

I've just added some new products to the "Headphones" section of the site around 8 new products. Clicked on update (the blue arrow) on the toolbar
                            and its upload all the products html files, etc which are already uploaded from a previous update.

I'll give it a go about what wjcampbe has suggested and see if that makes a difference? Or is what ive stated just above the norm?

Comment

Like Jont, only images I have added/changed get uploaded during a template change upload.
                              I agree, only new images should get uploaded.

if you make a change to act_primary all html page will be re-uploaded exc images if they are already there.

if you are to one section only , then only that one section should be uploaded.

Comment

Working...
                              X