Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading - no errors - but no change ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading - no errors - but no change ?????

I'm at my wits end as to where I'm going wrong here.

I've made a variety of changes, including an amendment to a fragment on the home page. When I upload or refresh no errors are reported and everything appears to be hunkydory but when I view the live website or get someone else to look on another computer the changes aren't showing.

I've tried purging and compacting before uploading but there's still no change. I've tried it with Windows Firewall on and off as well as Norton Security Firewall on and off but it doesn't seem to make any difference.

Can anyone suggest anything else for me to try???

A URL so we can check for you?

Comment

You beat me to it - I was about to add it to my post ! LOL

www.cheapdies.co.uk

Comment

Here's a screenshot of what i see.

If that does not have the changes showing, then do a full site refresh instead of an update, see if that cures the problem.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for looking, that's the pre-amendment home page so I will have a go at refreshing.

I've just compacted and will purge too for good measure.

Hopefully I won't be back again - in the nicest possible way !

Comment

It doesn't matter how many times you come back Hayley, if you provide good information on the problem and you are getting stuck in yourself trying to solve, you will find that many people will jump in to try and help you.

Is this the page you are looking for?

as opposed to this?

If that is the problem, then you are not using the actinic home page as your home page from what i can see. There is a setting somewhere for this. If you are not understanding what i rambling on about, click on each link separately and note the URL that you are on.

Comment

It's the second one that I want as the home page, the one ending .co.uk

I use it to hi-light new products, promos, news etc. before the customer heads off to shop. Well - that's the plan !

Comment

Well that's done - compacted, purged and refreshed and the changes still aren't showing - what can I try next?

Comment

Hayley,

What is the change? We can see the pages (as Lee kindly provided links to both), but we have no idea what you think is missing.

Are you aware of the local cache problem? This is where your computer shows you a copy from temporary internet files instead of reading the current page from the internet. To see if that is your problem - press the F5 key when the page is open. That forces your browser to go out to the internet and get the current page contents.
                  Bill
                  www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                  Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                  BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                  Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                  VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                  Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Morning Bill

I wasn't aware of the cache problem so thanks for the info.

On the home page the 2nd fragment shows an estimated in stock date is as 28 November. In Actinic I've amended this to 'mid December' but while the change is showing in the programme it isn't showing on the live site.

I've also added Extended Info htmls for all products to show Product Location Bins/Files to all our staff as some don't have access to the program to find the warehouse location but I though that we could pop the info in the Extended Info Pop up. I added these in by importing a spreadsheet which hasn't reported any errors when it's been imported. Every product now has a pop up but these changes aren't showing either

I did have an account address error for a customer account that was being reported on upload/refresh but I've fixed that now and on the last upload it wasn't reported so I guess that's been fixed.

Just for info we do use Mole end to set the maximum order quanties to the stock in hand figure but even if I do the upload from within Actinic the changes aren't taking place. Our server was out of action for part of the day yesterday but I've just downloaded an order placed about 10 mins ago without any problem so I'm guessing all the communication is ok there - if you know what I mean.

Comment

Make sure that when you have the little house at the top of the content tree selected you have checked the box marked "Use as homepage" in the page details.

Comment

Yep that field is ticked

Comment

It's the second one that I want as the home page, the one ending .co.uk
                          If this is what you want then as far as I can see this is now correct - when you enter yourdomain.co.uk it takes you to the actinic homepage

Comment

It is showing that as the home page but in Actinic it shows amendments I have made, namely the date mentioned in the 2nd Fragment.

I've changed it from 28 November to mid December but the amendment's not showing on www.cheapdies.co.uk as I'd have expected.

Comment

Make another change on the page - this will force actinic to upload the page again. If that dose not work then??

Comment

Working...
                              X