Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue Number -1

Hello Peeps

In our card options on check out, I've added a top line of "Please Choose Card Type" - no matter how low you think the bar can go, people always manage to surprise you! According to some customers, we ONLY take one card type. All other information remains the same.

So I've matched the order processing machine to the site maintenance machine.

Download orders, and orders that do not require issue numbers are printing off with an issue number of -1.

Cards that do require an issue number are OK. I've opened up several orders to check what's been input, and non issue cards are not requiring the customer to input anything in this box, as expected.

Obviously this doesn't affect order processing, but why should this be happening? It's more of an annoyance than anything.

Regards - Helen

'-1' just seems to be 'Actinic-ese' for 'null' or 'empty'. I'll report this as a bug, because nothing should be appearing really.

Comment

Hmmm - it looks like this issue was fixed in v7.0.5 of Actinic. What version are you using?

Comment

Hi Chris

I'm using 7.04 but it seems to have magically fixed itself.

The bar was lowered even further - even though we have disabled mouse scrolling on the payment page and added the "Please choose card type" prompt, we've now had orders with the card type of "Please choose card type". We figured it wouldn't take long - wonders never cease.

I've clicked CVV2 on for this, even though it's only meant as a prompt and not a choice, and the -1 problem is no longer occurring. Maybe a coincidence - we'll never know

So next question (which may be asking the impossible) - can actinic flash up a warning if the customer hasn't actually selected a "real" card type?

Cheers - Helen

Comment

Look for this line
          Code:
          <select name="PAYMENTCARDTYPE" size="1">NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTCARDOPTIONS
          in Act_Order02.html.

Add a line like

<option value="" selected="selected">Please select card type</option>

just before where it says NETQUOTEVAR:PAYMENTCARDOPTIONS

Comment

Working...
          X