No announcement yet.

H1 tags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol fair comment, shares in kleenex should rise with his latest episode.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
      It looks fine in Firefox but not in IE .. which would suggest you need to try specifically declaring one, some or both of:

line-height:
      margin-bottom:
      padding-bottom:

against the H1 tag

This can be done on the fly using Firefox but IE is not as developer friendly so needs doing on the desktop. Alas not able to download the file and show the actual fix at the moment - maybe Lee can show this if he is free?
      Hi Jont,

Ok, so where do I put this margin stuff? Here is the CSS I currently have. Sorry, but for needing to be spoon-fed:

}

H1, H2, H4, H5, H6 {
      font-family: Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Times New Roman;
      font-size: 12px;
      color: #0368B2;
      }

Look forward to hearing from you and thanks in advance

Best wishes,

Jan (i-Sounds)

Comment

Try:

H1, H2, H4, H5, H6 {
        font-family: Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,"Times New Roman";
        margin-bottom: 0px;
        }

If that doesn't work (it should do), try:

H1, H2, H4, H5, H6 {
        padding: 0px;
        }

And if that doesn't work, then this will:

H1, H2, H4, H5, H6 {
        line-height: normal;
        }

If that doesn't work, then you unlucky sod. The only reason they will not work, is if the next line (probably a <p> tag) has a top margin set. Let us know if it doesn't solve it, i'm pretty sure it will.

You could of course go for belt and braces and join all 3 up into one style and remove the need to try each one:

H1, H2, H4, H5, H6 {
        line-height: normal;
        padding: 0px;
        margin-bottom: 0px;
        }

If that fails, then it is the tag on the next line causing the problem or doubled up <br/> tags.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks, the first one worked well. I don't suppose you know how I can add a BR underneath the h1 tagged bit though? The price is now appearing directly underneath and it looks a bit odd. I have gone from too big a gap to too small a gap. Thanks again for your amazing advice! Sorry to be pain!

Best wishes,

Jan (i-Sounds)

Comment

wtf have I done to deserve grief on an H1 thread?

*affixes sniper rifle scope, takes position*

*homes in on Honey Monster and his mate Barry from Eastenders*
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by i-sounds
              Hi Lee,

Thanks, the first one worked well. I don't suppose you know how I can add a BR underneath the h1 tagged bit though? The price is now appearing directly underneath and it looks a bit odd. I have gone from too big a gap to too small a gap. Thanks again for your amazing advice! Sorry to be pain!

Best wishes,

Jan (i-Sounds)
              Adjust the margin amount(you added) until it's far enough away for you? come on think a bit, we've set it to 0px and now its too close, so widen the margin in between them, by incrementing the value until you are happy.

Comment

Hi Lee,

Thanks. Your solution was "on the money" once again! I adjusted it to 10px and it works a treat. Now I am going to try and find your thread about embedding html into Actinic to try and make use of the other "H" tags.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate yours (and Jonts of course, don't want him getting offended) help with fixing this. If you ever need a glowing reference then let me know. I will be happy to endorse you mate! Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Jan (i-Sounds)

Comment

Originally posted by george
                  *homes in on Honey Monster and his mate Barry from Eastenders*
                  That's the nicest I have been called in a long time

Bikster
                  SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by i-sounds
                    Hi Lee,

Thanks. Your solution was "on the money" once again! I adjusted it to 10px and it works a treat. Now I am going to try and find your thread about embedding html into Actinic to try and make use of the other "H" tags.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate yours (and Jonts of course, don't want him getting offended) help with fixing this. If you ever need a glowing reference then let me know. I will be happy to endorse you mate! Thanks again!

Best wishes,

Jan (i-Sounds)
                    It the fragment tutorial on my website Jan, towards the bottom on that page. Link in my signature for the tutorials.

Comment

Ouch... New Issue with the H1 CSS...

Hi Lee and Jont,

Sorry about this dudes, but the H1 tag issue seems to have thrown up a final issue to be resolved. If you go to our website at www.inspirationsounds.co.uk and at the top left click Sample CDs, then on the next page, select a "MANUFACTURER", then click search, it does an advanced search and finds all of the products from that manufacturer.

However, when you click one of the products in the search results the H1 tag comes out huge and resets the width of the page. It looks pretty bad. Is there a separate CSS file I need to go in to, to set the CSS for the Actinic Search Results??

I have only just noticed this. I am sorry to be a pain. I geneuinely thought it was all resolved! Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes,

Jan (i-Sounds)

Comment

manufacturers? top left? one of us is going mad, i hope it's you?

Comment

lol! Hi Lee, i just ammended this post as I realised there are no filter on the homepage.

If you click the Sample CDs category (top-left), then select the manufacturer all will become clear

Comment

ah with you now, you gave us wrong page link, it doesn't happen for me though? Which browser you using?

Comment

looks ok here in IE7 and FF2??
                              Tracey

Comment

Yep Jans lost the plot, he's finally cracked.

Comment

Working...
                                X