No announcement yet.

Actinic Design Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Designing a site in V6 would be a bit like building a new PC with Windows 95
    I was just about to post to say that. Maria'a money would probably be better spent on buying V8. She may well end up in an environment easier to use

Comment

Maria'a money would probably be better spent on buying V8
      Agreed on that one - there may be even some copies of the free V8 LE25 arround wih the upgrade deal that lasts until 29 June.

Comment

If I were her I would call sales in the morning and see what sort of deal she could get (a client of mine upgrading from V6 got a great deal last Thursday) She would then be able to get the tech support for 30 days to get her site working.

Comment

Well people used to do it with V6 and i am sure it was fine. This is what i have and honestly i cannot upgrade at the moment. I think for now i will just need to unistall it. If anyone can tell me how to do this in plain english.

Many thanks

Comment

Select add/remove programs in your control panel - remove actinic.

Actinic v6 folder in c:/program files - remove that.

That should be it, then re-install.

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
              I need to remember to read the forum headers (too used to V8 now) - I dont suppose many designers support it either!!!!
              I can confirm that we do not support V6 any longer.

The upgrade path from v6 to v8.5.1 is an absolute nightmare and as such, in line with Lee's comments a full design scope would be required before many (if not all) designers made a call on this.

In keeping with Malcs comments, it would be money well spent on purchasing v8 (and removing v6 from your machine entirely), running with the core designs initially and then adding design changes in stages.

As you stated, you had no problem with the design. If you managed this is V6 (and yes Lee, we have worked with V6 ) you will have very few issues with V8 and this route will sace you money in the long run.

HTH
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Well people used to do it with V6.
                yes this statement is possibly true, people also thought the 19.6kb modem was wonderful when it first hit the market, but what we are tryingto say is its not the wisest move.

v6 is no longer supported therefore you will never benifit from new features as they get released, paypalpro and Google checkout being 2 such features. V6 will never run on vista either.

The upgrade path from 6 to 8 is not an easy one either, therefore if the only reason you are sticking with 6 now is to save money you will be spending it later on to make up for this decision now.

But its your decision....

Comment

Working...
                X