Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yep and fill the left and right columns with a blending colour

Comment

Similar to the sewinglines site in my signature.
      As yes, that is less "boring-tacular". So how do I do that blend effect background...?
      John

Comment

Originally posted by drounding
        Similar to the sewinglines site in my signature.
        i like the sewing site Duncan

although I would make the grey box where you've got the Copyright Sewinglines 2007 full width to balance with the header

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
          ...although I would make the grey box where you've got the Copyright Sewinglines 2007 full width to balance with the header
          Jo - you're right I've been pondering on that for a while.

John - the background and most of the other images are managed by the css file, the images themselves where created in PS. (I wasn't by any means implying your site was boring - I only mentioned it to demonstrate the width ).

Comment

I wasn't by any means implying your site was boring
            No, that comment came from ealier on, and I agree.

My websites go through 1 stages - stage 1, get it up and running and selling stuff; stage 2 - pretty it up and optimise it for higher conversion. If I did it all in one go I'd never get round to launching it because I'd wait for it to be perfect...

so this thread is looking for suggestions for stage 2, and now I have a few for the weekend...
            John

Comment

Originally posted by jxm28788
              I'd never get round to launching it because I'd wait for it to be perfect
              *sigh*
              and we all know that's an unachievable goal!

from one Dymo fan to another (I have a bit of a label addiction lol)
              Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by budgetbumps
                from one Dymo fan to another (I have a bit of a label addiction lol)
                well now you know where to get your next fix...
                John

Comment

with your lack of content, i suggest you switch to fixed width. it looks boring-tacular on my widescreen lappy.
                  ok, is this any less bore-tastic? it doesn't fit on 800x600 anymore, but what the heck I guess anyone still using that resolution is pretty much resigned to using the horizontal scroll bar by now...
                  John

Comment

MUCH better!
                    I'm on 1280x800 and it looks much tidier now.
                    Tracey

Comment

sweeeeet... someone just bought a shedload of labels - must be this lovely new design...
                      John

Comment

just one thing...all your label printers have identical descriptions (including spec)

I wouldn't buy without being able to compare spec between the 4.

JMO anyway
                        Tracey

Comment

yep on dymo-label-printers.co.uk/DYMO-labelwriter-printer.html there's nothing to tell you the difference between 400 turbo, duo,twin

it would be nice to compare as tracey says without having to click on more info

in fact the detail on the Duo says its a turbo

Comment

they all have the same description...all 4 of them!
                            Tracey

Comment

oh yeah. created one printer, then copied it for the other 3 - forgot to update the description files and customvars... done it now...

Will add a comparison table later today, along with more printers and tapes...
                              John

Comment

ok the comparision table is there, and have added handheld labellers and more labels.

I'm a bit stuck on the home page though, still looks a bit lame - any suggestions...?
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X