email contact form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

email contact form

I've read other similar posts but none seem to cover what I've only experienced over the past few weeks.

1. I've stopped receiving emails when customers order saying an order is waiting.

2. The contact form -
    in advanced network setup, with the "username and password required" box unchecked when a customer tries to fill in the contact form they receive the following message

"Error returned from SMTP server (4: check login credentials )"

When I check the "username and password required" box, the user receives the following message

"Error returned from SMTP server (4: We do not host SMTP email for hotmail.com )"

the domain changes for each email, so for example if the next customer entered a btinternet.com address for me to reply to the message would read
    "Error returned from SMTP server (4: We do not host SMTP email for btinternet.com )"

and so on for yahoo etc

Having done a number of tests myself posing as the ficticious customer, I am receiving an autoreply from my site saying they will receive a reply shortly but I am not receiving their email enquiry.

The firm hosting my site is saffas and this is the first time I have experienced any problem.

I should add that when doing an actinic network test there are no reported problems.

I have made no changes, I'm hoping someone can pinpoint a change my host provider has made so the problem can be resolved quickly.

Many thanks.

Steve

The usual boring info we need is

who is your host?
    what are youusing as SMTP server in network settings
    what email address do you have in business settings

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
      who is your host?
      what are youusing as SMTP server in network settings
      what email address do you have in business settings
      Host is Saffas http://www.saffas-web.co.uk

SMTP mail.365sportstore.com

email address shopping@365sportstore.com

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Can anyone shed any light on a reason why this might be happening please, so that I can take it back presumably to my Host as I do not think it is my actinic site. Thanks.

Comment

I think it may be your host blocking som eemail addresses. What email address have you got configured to receive your copy on?

Comment

On receiving an order, I should receive a copy of the email at enquiries@365sportstore.com (hosted by saffas) but since this stopped working I changed it to a new email address shopping@365sportstore.com, also hosted by saffas.

Worldpay send a payment online made email to receipts @365englandfans.com, which is hosted by Freeola, but as this is generated by Worldpay I would not expect it to conflict with my Actinic/saffas problems. This I continue to receive from Worldpay without any problem.

Thanks.

Comment

Are you using the same email address in your Business Settings 'Company / Contact' area? Like mentioned earlier, this looks like a host issue. Have you tried using 'localhost' as the SMTP server and see if that works.

Regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

[QUOTE='localhost' as the SMTP server and see if that works.

Bruce

Thanks, I tried local host to no avail, it seems the server does not like any email address other than that of the host. The form only sends when I include a email address ending in @365sportstore

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Steve

Comment

Steve,

This will have to be taken up with your hosting provider, check to see if forwarding is allowed to external domains etc.

Kind regards,
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Bruce, thanks

I put everything to my Host Saffas Web and they've sorted it.

Getting around the problem is achieved by simply typing the word "localhost" and nothing more such as "mail.localhost" or "smtp.localhost" and it works providing the username and password boxes are left unchecked.

I emailed them this thread from the Actinic forum and amazingly rather than get the typical unhelpful email back that so often happens with Host companies, they actually telephoned me, learn't more about the problem, grasped the setup easily by my sending them a "print screen" of the Actinic advanced network setup, put the info to their engineers and then called me back a couple of hours later with the solution.

So I'm well chuffed, never did I expect a call from my host, it's normally the customer who has to call the host and wait in a queue. I'd recommend Saffas http://www.saffas.com/to anyone else with an online shop who has had script problems with their current hosting company which was my reason for going to them.

Steve
                    http://www.365sportstore.com/acatalog/shop.html England football commemorative match day merchandise, match badges and more.

Comment

Glad it is working for you.

Regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                      X