Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free Shipping

Hi All,

Is there a way of removing shipping charges from certain products in v7?

I’ve got some discounts setup that work fine for individual purchases but aren’t giving the correct discount for multiple buys…

See here: http://www.regencylofts.com/
    • If you buy 2 pest controllers (bottom of catalogue page), discount is 2x£3 but only needs to be £5
    • If you buy 1 its just 1x£3 which is fine

Is it possible to setup a discount that removes the total charge of shipping rather than a set price?

Jack

Jack,

You will not be able to exempt individual products from shipping in v7, this is possible with v8.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Ok, no problem.

Thanks for letting me know, Bruce.

Comment

Free Shipping on certain items - v7

Hi All,

I am attempting to provide Free Shipping on only selected items within v7, which have no ship weight entered in Product details/details.

When viewing the Help pages, Actinic Help says "Examples Of Shipping Setup
        If you wanted to allow free shipping for zero-weight orders, then you would":

Create new shipping class called 'Free Shipping' -which I have done with "total weight" checked in shipping and "By Class".

Have a single band with a weight of '0' and a cost of '0'. -I cant do this as no box appears within "shipping bands" in actinic.

Set 'Excess' to 'Don't allow excess' -I also cannot do this, as no box appears within "shipping bands" in actinic.

It seems that no matter what I do, the default weight has to be one pound - charging our customers a ship cost on a free ship item, that has no weight assigned.

Free Ship on every item on our site is not an option, as we have many heavy products.

I appreciate your time reading this and look forward to hearing from you.
        Matt Kerwin
        Music For All
        www.music-instruments.biz

Comment

1. Ship by weight
          2. Have entries in your normal shipping bands which says 0kg-£0.00
          3. Add '0' into the weight field on the product itself when you want it to have free shipping

If you set that up correctly, i guarantee it will work for you. You have to put the weight '0' in on the product WHEN you want the default weight overridden.

Comment

Have a single band with a weight of '0' and a cost of '0'. -I cant do this as no box appears within "shipping bands" in actinic.
            It will if you click the + sign top left corner = add new row
            Bill
            www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
            Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
            BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
            Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
            VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
            Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi Lee,

It worked great! All you need is a "0" assigned as the weight to allow Free Shipping.

Thanks for your help mate - I sincerely appreciate it.

Cheers,
              Matt Kerwin
              Music For All
              www.music-instruments.biz

Comment

My pleasure Matt, HTH.

Comment

Working...
                X