X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still cant work this out..

I cant get paypal to return to my receipt page as it always did... (

Paypal deny all responsibility:

As you are using a pre-integrated PayPal solution, we are unable to verify the code. The standard button with return URL specified will work.

You will need to contact the provider of that cart to see if they are aware of any issue like that. Apart from that I would suggest checking your server logs as well.

The return URL website you provided does not work at all : http://www.my-shop.co.uk/receipt.html

It looks like your files got corrupted.
    I refreshed the site, i thought thast would repair any corrupted files.

Yours,
    stuck
    Mark
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi all,

looking around the forum, i cant believe the amount of people who are having this problem!
      Whats going on? Surely this should be a really simple issue. I've read other threads where people say their actinic-paypal integtration just stops working... no one seems to be finding the solution... cant believe it.

As for specifying the auto return URL at paypal... am i right in thinking this will make no difference anyway as it will be overridden by the actinic integration code anyway ??!!

The Return URL will be applied to all your Auto Return payments unless otherwise specified within the button or link for that website payment. You may specify a different Return URL by changing it in your profile settings; otherwise, you may add or edit the HTML (variable: return) associated with a button or link. In this case, the Return URL that is associated with the button or link will override what was specified in the profile settings.
      So it doesnt matter what you put in there..

Regards,
      Mark

http://www.arka-shop.co.uk
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi Gravity,

The only rearl script listed as being modified is;
        MailForm.pl
        I did change mailform.pl over a year ago, to stop the email spam vunerability that existed.
        No other changes.
        gonna email support now.

Regards,
        Mark
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Hi Everyone,

There has been some change on PayPal's end that we are investigating. Can everyone who are having issues with PayPal please tell me as to when it started happening, was it the 26th of last month?

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

I can't remember when mine stopped, Bruce but it was definitely earlier than 26th June. I'd put it down to upgrading which was about the end May)
            The biggest problem is that not many customers seem to click past the receipt page.
            When is the email generated? When paypal returns to the receipt (which I think I've fixed) or when the customer subsequently clicks "done"?

Paypal have definitely got something weird going on too though. I did actually get a copy of a customer email for a paypal order earlier today....18 hours after the order was placed! Now *thats* slow!

I'm still only getting maybe 1 in 50 of these emails, despite checking that they do work (albeit slowly) by placing orders myself
            Tracey

Comment

It gets sent when you click 'Done'...

Like I mentioned earlier, there has been some change at PayPal's end and we are awaiting a response from them. The more information we can get will help us put across a strong case with PayPal.

Kind regards,
              Bruce King
              SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce
                It gets sent when you click 'Done'...
                ok...well tbh, I think this accounts for why most of us don't get one then.
                a) those people whose sites aren't working correctly (ie redirecting back from paypal to the receipt page for whatever reason) and
                b) customers who, even when they ARE taken to the receipt page, aren't seeing and so clicking on the "done" button

This page is editable, I might see if I can move my button up.
                Tracey

Comment

My last receipt email was 25th June, this was the last time my google conversion tracking worked too.

Before then, nearly 50 % of people went to my receipt page and clicked 'done'
                  as i have a message on the last actinic checkout page, asking people to 'return to merchant' on completion.

Now I cant make paypal direct back to my receipt page... no matter what i try.

Budget bumps... its not people not clicking 'done'.... theyre not getting directed back to my receipt page at all... i know this coz
                  a) my google adwords conversion tracking code is on that page, and doesnt need 'done' to be clicked to function
                  b) I've tried making test purchases myself... and clicking the new button 'return to arka' (used to be return to merchant) on the completion page sends me to my homepage... not my receipt page.

I'm convinced this is paypal...they've definately changed their checkout pages... but their support is unfortunately useless.

Cmon... everyone with paypal.. using v7... make a test purchase using paypal and see if you can get directed to your actinic receipt page.

It cant just be me!
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish
                    Budget bumps... its not people not clicking 'done'.... theyre not getting directed back to my receipt page at all...
                    yes, I know..
                    I had the same problem and was just adding my experience/name to the list
                    Tracey

Comment

sorry if i sounded curt...thanks for your interest
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Update:

We have heard back from PayPal and there has been a change made on their end that will cause issues with return to the merchant site.

Our development team are workign with them at the moment to get something in place quickly. The new system would require the use of IPN instead of return URL, the reason being 'If you just rely on the return URL you will not get any notification if the customer, for some reasons, does not wait to be taken back to your web site and closes his browser.'.

I will keep you updated in the mean time.

Kind regards,
                        Bruce King
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Comes back to a suggestion i made before, why is the email not tied up with the payment file, when it gets to the server it send the email?

The only time this is not required is for any order processing that does not use payment file for example, account orders, cash on delivery, which i doubt anyone uses and we dont have one for cheques............lets not get me started again.

Darren

Comment

and, on testing the whole paypal procedure myself, I can tell you that the bounce back from paypal to Actinic, even when set up correctly, is VERY slow and I seriously doubt that many customers would hang around and wait (since they're finished with our website by that point anyway)
                            Tracey

Comment

All that will change with the new method and hopefully you should have instant notification.

On another note, are both of you having an avatar competition... very interesting ones by the way

Kind regards,
                              Bruce King
                              SellerDeck

Comment

thanks for letting us know Bruce..
                                the paypal support were just stonewalling me.
                                off to search for an avatar.
                                Mark
                                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                                X