No announcement yet.

Paypal 'return to merchant' confirmation and receipt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the amount of Actinic sites that use Paypal most people must have this issue sorted out, surely?

Unless its just Freaky, Miss Bumps and us?

If you read this and your Paypal process works as it should, in full, then please post the solution, thanks.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
      With the amount of Actinic sites that use Paypal most people must have this issue sorted out, surely?

Unless its just Freaky, Miss Bumps and us?

If you read this and your Paypal process works as it should, in full, then please post the solution, thanks.
      Actually, G...mine works fine on both sites.
      I'm just rallying for the cause

but you've tried my method already (using the auto return url pointing to receipt page) and it didn't work.
      Could be hosting related?
      Be interested to know if it is
      Tracey

Comment

George,

You are on 851 now so my original fix should work for you.

If you have made the change as suggested in an earlier post... Then check the following

Did you change the file under the site folder or the 'Original' folder? It should be under the site folder / CommonOCC.

Check the generated file (CommonOCC\Output\PSPBounce_00900.fil) to ensure it contains the change then check that the file is actually uploaded by checking the same file on the server.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

I am not sure if this is the same problem but customers who have paid by PayPay are not getting an email confirmation sent to them after they have placed the order.

If you pay by cheque or HSBC the email confirmation email is sent out as it should be.

I have read the previous threads and was wondering if the "auto return" part in my PayPal account should be set to on or off? This has been working with it off and I havnt made any changes so should it be left as it is or changed?

Thanks for the help,

Graham

Comment

To get PayPal to return the shopper to your receipt page...

Version : 8.5.0 and earlier

On the Merchant interface (logged in to www.paypal.com)

- go to 'Edit profile | Website payment preferences | Auto Return' and set to 'off'.

- Open the {Site Dir}\CommonOCC\OCCPayPalTemplate.pl with a text editor like notepad

- After line:
            AddPostValues ('&', 'bn', 'SureSolutions.Actinic', $ALWAYS, $NOENCODE); # hard code the provider

- insert the following line:
            AddPostValues ('&', 'rm', '2', $ALWAYS, $NOENCODE); # Set form send method to POST

- save the file and exit editor

'Upload' for your site and PayPal should now be properly configured.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

It is already set to off so do I just copy the line of code in and upload?

Just added the code and that seems to have sorted it.

Many thanks
              Last edited by thatscrafty; 27-Jul-2007, 09:59 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

Working...
              X