No announcement yet.

Adding actinic to new pc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your sites directory will probably be in your documents folder, or the all users documents folder, depending on the option you chose when you installed it.
    I mentioned this earlier on in the thread Jan, but does it apply to V7?

Comment

Jo & Jan - I've just done a quick test on our Vista PC, which is running Developer V7.07.

I licensed a new site, wasn't given any option as to where to put site files etc, then checked where it had put them. As before, they are all in C:/program files/etc etc, including data files, so it appears that V7 in Vista behaves exactly the same way it would in XP.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

yes i am running 7.0.6 - but it is simple to say it wont run properly because of 7.0.6 but i am running it on my pc - never any problems

Comment

Is the PC too on Vista? I would suggest you upgrade to 7.0.7 as it performs much better on Vista.

Kind regards,
          Bruce King
          SellerDeck

Comment

yes it is also on vista - i am just a little nervous of downloading the upgrade - does it hurt?

Comment

7.07 is the only patch that is advertised as Vista ready, so it would be wise, just take a 706 snapshot before you start and save it outside your actinic folders

Comment

.. and best to take a full site1 folder copy as extra security.

Generally though, moving between the v7 patches was very harmless. Only thing you have to remember is if you have modified any of the Perl scripts these are reset back to deafult and you may need increment any Payment Service Provider id's by one (this has been covered before on the forum if this is needed) ... basically you should be OK though.

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

I did the upgrade from an earlier version to V7.07 separately, whilst still on XP so that it didn't happen at the same time as moving to Vista - less opportunity for problems, and if there were any (only the PERL thing on the upgrade, and the file permissions with Vista as described above) as it turns out) I knew which of the two processes was causing them.

Aquazuro - designer stainless steel accessories

Comment

Hooraahh !!!

Heres how i cracked it - settle down make a cup of tea

I used the windows easy transfer to transfer all of my files to the laptop
                    and hey presto - Actinic support by the way havent even responded.

Comment

same error as plumbob

Plumbob,

Any luck on this? I have just purchased a new pc and have loaded (like you) Actinic 7.0 fully to the stage when its says its fully installed. I get exactly the same errors as you. Ive raised a post on this but thought i'd jump on this one.

Would be interested to know if you have resolved the issue.

Thanks

Comment

I only cracked it because i did a file transfer wireless between the old pc and the new laptop using windows easy transfer. It then worked. None of the above replies worked although they were very helpful in trying. I requested via email help with actinic themselves on the date above and they have never even bothered to contact me.

Comment

oh and also i did the upgrade to 7.0.7 but it still didnt help loading.

Comment

same situation

Yep, having a go at it tonight. At least I got a mail from support. They tell me I have to update to 707 on my old pc (done), take a site snapshot and send to new pc (done) then install 707 on my new machine - how do I 'install' 707? ive done an upgrade using the site links and this appears to have gone ok. Now I try to open Actinic 707 so I can retrieve the snapshot and I get an error!

"Unable to locate the database for the selected site, the site shall remain unchanged"

This would seem obvious as there is no database in the newly installed Actinic but the error doesnt allow me to get into Actinic to restore the database! sort of a chicken and egg situation.

Will attempt to copy over files but having issues on that front too. Really shouldnt be this difficult should it?

Comment

Working...
                            X