Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order retrieval problem

Hi all

We've been unable to retrieve orders for last 3 days and would appreciate some help. When trying to retrieve, I get this message ...

"The web script was unable to open the specified file.

Possible Cause:
    Permissions problems
    The permissions on the acatalog directory are locked
    The permissions on the file on the acatalog directory are locked
    The path from the cgi-bin to acatalog directory is incorrect
    or the directory has been renamed or removed
    Recommendation:
    Abort
    Resolution:
    Check the permissions of the web site.
    The files and directories need to be readable
    and writable by the web server
    Run the Web | Configure Web Site Details command to
    verify your setup

Command: retrieve Filename:"

And when running Configure Web Settings I get this ...

"An error occurred while sending an HTTP request to the web server. Perhaps your network is down. Try again or contact your network administrator or ISP to correct the situation."

The ISP's server has been down recently but it's up now and problem persists. The ISP have checked my settings and paths and they look fine.

I'm stumped!

Ken

www.kakadookids.co.uk

Try using an FTP client to log into your webspace - if that works then try checking the cgi-bin folder permissions.
    If you can't log in using an ftp client then contact your host again.

Comment

Thanks Duncan - I'm not that great with this stuff - could you please explain how I would check the cgi permissions?

Comment

Assuming your hosting is Linux and not Windows then using an FTP client log in to your webspace. Depending on which FTP client you use normally you would then right-click on the cgi-bin folder and select CHMOD. You should then be able to check/change the permissions to 755.

If you haven't got an FTP client then you can download and use Filezilla or SmartFTP for example.

Comment

Thanks again. i'm clearly out of my depth with all this. I think I need to commission someone with Actinic expertise to check our web settings and the ISP stuff. Can anyone recommend asomebody?

Comment

Working...
          X