No announcement yet.

windows 2003 servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can lend you a FH linux server to test it if you want but don't hold out much hope. I got so fed up I moved all my actinic sites to another company. Contact me on jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Jenny
    Hanson Web Design
    www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
    Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Run away...

We ditched FastHosts at the start of the year after our Actinic shop was unavailable for a total of 5 days during December, prime shopping time .

The rumour at the time was that they'd been hit by denial of service attacks (as were Worldpay, Nov'03), but we've heard so many 'bad hosting' stories about them since, we'd recommend anyone serious about their service levels to avoid FH at all costs ioho.

Regards,
      David

www.youraromatherapy.co.uk

Comment

I had lots of problems on Win2003 initially. It was due to not being able to run perl.exe. My host (Maximum ASP) said that because of security issues on W2k the only way they would allow the perl scripts to run was if they mapped the scripts to run using perlis.dll instead. This did not work even though Actinic was configured to use it. In the end my host, upgraded my shared VPS account to a dedicated server for free and effectively told me "to do what I want". So, I installed the free perl software ActivePerl, mapped back to perl.exe and now it is working fine - and I got a dedicated server out of it too....

If you want to check the site and see the cgi working etc it is at : http://www.rugbymemories.com

Hope that helps a little.

Kevin
        KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

Working...
        X