Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eek! Customers NOT receiving their order detail e-mails from Actinic -Help Pls!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gavin,
    Can you not set an address at the .co.uk e.g. sales@ d utc hwe st.co.uk to forward to the .com and then set the email address in business settings to be the sales@ .uk one?
    Would this, along with localhost and no username/password not resolve it?
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Well i'm confused as to what you have done and tested and what isn't working...

so it might be an idea if you confirm that using localhost (without authenication) and the email in business settings matches the domain url - does this work?

As someone has already suggested alot of hosts do not allow you to mix domains ie if the domain is abc.com then the email in actinic business settings must also be @abc.com

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw
        Gavin,
        Can you not set an address at the .co.uk e.g. sales@ d utc hwe st.co.uk to forward to the .com and then set the email address in business settings to be the sales@ .uk one?
        Would this, along with localhost and no username/password not resolve it?
        Yeah. Great stuff.

First off i tried to manually send the "order received" email from within actinic, but received an smtp error message. So

Our website files are all stored on the .co.uk domain, therefore as you suggested I created an email account on the .co.uk domain, used that as the email address in the business setttings in actinic.
        In advanced network setup I set the SMTP as localhost, and unticked the username/password box.

i then went into the orders placed in actinic, and manually resent a "order received" email to my own gmail account, i received it at my gmail account

So, am hoping this has worked, but wont know for 100% until an order is placed and actinic send the email automatically, but surely if ive done the above it should work...

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        X