1. Fasthosts
    2. Norton
    3. AOL
    Norton strikes again.

Comment

Digression, as original problem solved.

From above:

Originally posted by leehack
      Bar none, Fasthosts have created the most problems over the years when using actinic, in fact i have only ever heard of one person using them successfully.
      From another thread today, re. v7 Checkout Page 3:

Do yourself the biggest favour you could ever do and scrap any ideas to use that page on your site.
      and another:

V7 is very old and will become unsupported soon.
      Oh dear, I use all three. And I think I've been pretty successful (t/o up 50%) - is this a case of 'could do better'?

Norton strikes again.
      Make that four. I've been trying to resolve what I am convinced is a Norton issue but the forum has been unable to help - prob. only occurs on PC's with N installed, so we avoid them.

Fasthosts: the only problems I have had have been of my own making. In fact I have never had any contact with fh themselves - only with my reseller (who thinks I am a prat).

Java encryption: Over 2˝years I have taken pains to explain (on the page) how it works - coupled with the fact that we do not calculate shipping costs online due to the nature of our mixed products, I think that the understanding understand, and the doubters prefer to speak to us anyway.

V7: Having spent a great deal of time & effort in tweaking v7 with the help of the forum (archives) in the early days, I looked at v8 when it came out & decided that it was too different, I would need to learn all over again.

Might have a go with V9 for my next site, then when familiar with it, upgrade the current site. I have seen George's (and others) pain with V8!

(Equally I note Duncan's, Lee's, & Tracey's enthusiasm for it.)

Perhaps I started at just the wrong time.

Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
      X