Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shipping for COD

Hi,

I have a different shipping cost for payment by cash on delivery but some customers select the cheaper postage method (credit card payment only) and then select to pay by cash on delivery.

I am displaying clear instructions at the "Class of service" options for the shipping, but I still have customers selecting the wrong shipping class.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Maybe the cheapest cost of the shipping doesn't have to be selected automatically, and therefor the customer has to choose the shipping class before going to the next stage.

Can anybody help please?

Thanks - Brad Sutherland.

Changing the display order and therefore the default shipping method is discussed in this thread.

This doesn't prevent the customer selecting the invalid combination however.
    Chris Brown

Comment

tried it - thank you

Thanks Chris,

I tried rearranging the order and it worked, however I am worried the extra cost of shipping shown will scare away my non COD customers.

It would have been better if the customer had to choose the shipping with no default, and the shipping method was a field that the customer had to select before moving on.

I might still try changing the order of the shipping though.

Thank you
      Brad Sutherland.

Comment

Working...
      X