Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Order confirmation e-mails - high priority!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order confirmation e-mails - high priority!

just had one of my confirmation e-mails bounced with the following message -
    SMTP error from remote mailer after initial connection:
    host mx2.mail.yahoo.com [64.156.215.5]: 553 Mail from 212.67.202.237 not allowed - VS99-IP1 deferred - see help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/defer/defer-02.html (#5.7.1)
    this is a new one on me, anyone else seen it? I tried again manully and got the same message. The yahoo page says it thinks it is spam for some reason. My ISP is clara.

Also, just noticed that the confirmation e-mails seem to have been set to a high priority - is there any way to change this?
    John

Read what the link says about open relays being used for spam.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I did. But I'm not sure where the problem is...

Where is actnic sending the confirmation e-mails from? It's not my PC because the e-mails go out even if I'm not connected. So I guess my website is sending the e-mails, but through which server?

I'm guessing there going through Clara which is a big ISP...so I wouldn't expect yahoo to have blocked clara's e-mail servers even if some clown managed to use them to send lots of spam.

So - how do I find out which server actinic is sending through?
      John

Comment

If your ISP allocates IP addresses randomly it is possible that the IP address allocated to you for that send used to belong to a spammer and so is banned. This happened to a customer of mine at the weekend.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I don't think it is that. I resent the e-mail using my 'log in' ISP and that didn't bounce. (I connect to the internet using Demon, but use Clara to host my website). I guess yahoo has a problem with clara mail servers at the moment...
          John

Comment

I'll just ignore that problem for now and hope it doesn't happen again.

But did anyone have an answer to this -
            Also, just noticed that the confirmation e-mails seem to have been set to a high priority - is there any way to change this?
            John

Comment

Actinic does not do this. At least, whenever I test a customer's store and get an email, they are always standard priority. Have you made any changes to the scripts that generate the emails?

Comment

Working...
              X