help - ordered or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help - ordered or not?

I have just received a notification of a 'new order since last download', however, I have not received my copy of the normal confirmation e-mail...

When I go into actinic and download the order, it is there and has the persons details, a full list of items ordered and an order number - however, it is in the PSP pending section as no payment confirmation was received either.

What does it mean when I receive the order but not the confirmation? Does that suggest a problem (what/where?) or that the user has just cancelled at the last moment (at which stage?).

What is the order of events during ordering? at which stage does the order file get written, and at which stage does the confirmation e-mail get sent?
    John

The customer may have had a problem linking to Worlpay or your PSP.

If they have given a phone number call them and double check.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

the catalog "youve got an order" email is triggered before the worldpay transaction. Thus if someone does not complete the WP checkout, you will get PSP pending.

the PSP confirmation may come later, but 99% of the time it means a change of mind during WP checkout, thus no order

Comment

when it generates the 'you have an order' e-mail does it also write the order to the server at that point? because I was actually able to download the order and see what they were going to buy...
        John

Comment

yes the order is processed by catalog BEFORE going to WP to collect payment

Comment

I e-mailed the customer and I just got a reply. They said they spent ages picking all the goods then the server returned an error (card not accepted) when they tried to pay for it.

They then couldn't be bothered (their words) to try and do anything about it and just left it.

Soooo, my next question is... is there an easy way for them to continue the order if we can sort out the card problem?

I actually have the order details so if I could take the credit card details manually we would be sorted - does anyone know if I can do that? I'm using Barclays/E-Clear...

Failing that, if they visit the site again will the order still be in their basket, or is it erased when they leave the site? or does that depend on their cookie settings?
            John

Comment

You can go to the order, open up the order dialog and go to the payment tab, change the payment type to credit card details sent separately and then take their credit card details over the phone, but don't forget to ask yourself why their card was declined in the first place.

Cheers,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
              Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
              A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Product Mash for Sellerdeck
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Multichannel order processing
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

that just deals with actinic, but it doesn't communicate that to e-clear...?

I need to know if there is a way of me manually getting into the system... I have e-mailed both barclays and e-clear to see if I can just phone them up with the details, or enter them on a website or something...
                John

Comment

you may want to consider the option of sending a cheque

Comment

>that just deals with actinic, but it doesn't communicate that to e-clear...?
                    no it doesn't, you'll have to process the credit card payment yourself, have you got a PDQ machine? PSP's usually charge extra for manual payment entry. So if you don't have that then cheque is your only option.,

Regards,
                    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                    Multichannel order processing
                    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
                    X