'Out of Stock'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Out of Stock'

Am I correct in thinking that when your press CTRL-D to download orders, and it says "updating stock levels' that it does not actually set out of stock items to 'Out of Stock' on the website?

Am I also correct in thinking that in order for that to happen I need to actually press CTRL-U to update the website?

And if so... what happens when I'm running a live site which will need to be updated regularly for 'out of stock' items, but at the same time I am making changes to the website which I haven't tested yet and therefore don't want uploaded?

Is this catered for (can't see that this is an 'unusual' situtation), or is there going to be some complicated workaround involving constantly changing settings or backups and restores etc?
    John

Jan has some goodies that can help. See http://www.mole-end.biz/acatalog/Actinic_Moles.html
    Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks for that Bob.

As Bob pointed out my stock control moles is perfect for keeping stock levels up to date on the website. You can also use the automation and batch order processing modules to speed up order processing. We are just putting together a new module that combines these products into a 'One Stop Automation' product which gives you buckets full of functionality at a bargain price. - we should be releasing that this week sometime.

My own website is half way through being redesigned, I work on new sections and then mark them for deletion before uploading my website. It is a bit of a pain but works. You just have to make sure that you don't purge your catalog when the work in progress sections are marked for deletion.

Regards.
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Do the regular stock updates (either using your software or just doing it manually from actinic - is there any difference?) cause any problems for users who are using the site, or in the checkout?

What happens if one of the pages that is updated is in use?

What happens if an item goes out of stock between them adding it to the basket and getting to the checkout? Is there a message or will it go through?
        John

Comment

I don't believe that upating the site while users are using it causes any problems. There is no difference between updating the site using my software or using Actiinc because my software simply run actinic software automatically to upload the website.

Items that go out of stock after they have been added to the basket will still be sold, no message will be displayed.

Actinic does not have a live stock control system, our products just help you acheive the best stock control that is possible.

Cheers,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
          X