Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprising experience that may help you..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aye, i'd not opened it in the other browsers before, so no cache problem. It's all a bit coincidental though even though it just seems to be me suffering it.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Aye, i'd not opened it in the other browsers before, so no cache problem. It's all a bit coincidental though even though it just seems to be me suffering it.
      Do you bank with HSBC?
      KDM Digital Media - Actinic web design and hosting

Comment

LOL, that made me laugh. I'm not sure if I do actually, I can't see my glasses .

I think site owner has peed off to the pub and left us worrying for him.

Comment

The site looks fine from here.

I'm not entirely surprised by the report on the HSBC logo. I do remember someone else reporting something similar here on community a few weeks ago. I believe though that it was only one or maybe two specific customers that had come to that strange conclusion.

Chris

Comment

Just to add that I too saw loads of missing images when I looked at the site this morning. So Lee was not alone. Site seems to be intact now.

As far as the HSBC logo issue is concerned, we now just label our PSPs Option 1 and Option 2. We did have one or two people tell us they were confused, or didn't bank with HSBC (despite very clear checkout explanation) so decided to remove any mention altogether.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Surprising experience that may help you

Hi. Thanks for all the feedback. Interestingly, we went back to a bad day yesterday after two storming days so I think there is obviously a lot more to this missing images business. I and my business partner (2 different geographical locations) have checked the site in all browsers and can see whole site with no missing images. However, my sister who uses a Mac has reported that the links do not work when she views the site in Firefox between the initial product pages through to the main product page yet works fine on a Mac viewed through Safari. Viewed through Explorer on a Mac makes the site unusable!

Does anybody else's site do this?

Sorry if it seemed I made the post and then legged it leaving other people to worry as mentioned in one of the posts. It was children difficulties rather than the pub I promise!

Comment

I think you certainly need to contact your host and question them about this.

Comment

Yes absolutely. Something is defo not happy somewhere along the line!

Comment

Hi there. Thanks for your post about our site. Could I just ask what you mean by the layout is a bit out and would put you off. Are you saying that it doesn't render correctly for you or you just think the layout is ...........pants? Could I also ask if you are using a Mac with Firefox? My sister has reported problems with the site using that combination too. Thanks a lot, Ian

Comment

Hi Lee, thanks for the feedback. Very worrying for us is this. About to get on to our hosting company. Think we may need to look at a dedicated server. As for the pub........I wish! Just after posting, got the child minder call we all dread about poorly kids so that was the end of my day work wise! Can I just ask whether you are viewing on a PC or Mac and if a MAC, what browser? Cheers, Ian

Comment

I'm on an Windows XP Pro PC Ian.

Comment

Ian,
                          I'd definitely start with your host. The trail has to begin with what the server and the server's immediate networking infrastructure is server to Joe Bloggs when requests your website through a browser. (i.e. looking for caching issues etc)
                          Start there, then investigate the ISPs (caching again) and then down to the local users.

You'll most likely find it's at the host side though!

Incidentally, the site is working for me; so much so I lost about 10 minutes of my day capturing my picture through the web cam and trying different glasses on my bonce in your "mirror".
                          I discovered a) I don't suit glasses (fortunately I don't need them, yet!) and b) I've a face perfect for radio, not the web
                          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Bugger, that ends that theory! Cheers Lee

Comment

Hi Fergus, Hosts are looking into it all as we speak. LOL regs the mirror. I'm in the same boat as you. What we have discovered is that results are much better using digital photo than the web cam and in my case, someone else's photo entirely :-)

Comment

all images seem to be present for me
                                Kind Regards
                                Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                                X