Catalog needs to close error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catalog needs to close error

I have a situation that causes Actinic catalog to die a violent death. The kind of error that XP want to send a report to Microsoft. Fortunately, I can bypass it.

This is the situation:
    I only ship to the US. A customer called and wanted me to ship to Canada. I would make an exception. I placed the order myself on my web site shipping to US. When I downloaded the order, I changed the order in Actinic to change the address to Canada and changed the shipping charge in the totals tab.

But now whenever I try to display the order and click the customer tab, it dies. I can click all the other tabs and print reports for it, but whenever I click the customer tab it dies. I have attached the report XP wants to send (which I did not allow). I doubt it is useful.

I can look at all other orders fine. I assume it has to do with shipping to a place I don't ship to.
    Attached Files
    Bob Ladden

I can look at all other orders fine. I assume it has to do with shipping to a place I don't ship to
    Yep - that'll do it.

You need to create a shipping zone containing Canada (with a class in it) in order to be able to view the 'Customer' tab and avoid the crash.

Comment

But I do not want the Canada option to appear on the web site. I should be able to ship anywhere manually without the option on my web site.

And nothing I enter should cause Actinic to crash.
      Bob Ladden

Comment

We have tried to recreate your problem here, but ours just refuses to allow Canada to appear within the list.

It looks like you have an issue with your shipping. I suggest you register a support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and let our email support team take a look at what may have caused the problem.

Comment

It's not a bug, it's a feature

Went though the support chain. I was told that, "It would seem to me that you are using the software beyond the scope of what it was designed".

It is not unreasoneable to ship to a country as an exception and set the shipping manually.

There are two issues:
          1. This means I cannot ship to a location without making that location available to all on the web site.
          2. This also means that if I ever remove the location because I do not want to ship there anymore, the old orders that have been shipped there in the past will no longer be viewable. I would think in the international realm this may become a larger issue.

It's not a high priority, but it should be on the bug list. Crashes are not user friendly.
          Bob Ladden

Comment

Thanks Bob

I will pass this on to the development team. With regards to the crash, you shouldn't get that so is it possible for you to send a snapshot of your site to communityadmin [@] actinic.co.uk and I'll let the team take a look and see what is happening.

Comment

I had to put this aside for the busy time.

The problem was that I has deleted the 'None of the above' location from the locations. When I put it back into the countries table all was well again.
              Bob Ladden

Comment

Working...
              X