• Show
Clear All

Select Shipping Destination Problem

Hi

We have 3 options on the select shipping destination dropdown menu
    1) United Kingdom Mainland
    2) Channel Isles (Jersey and Guernsey)
    3) Northern Ireland

All the above have different shipping charges + option 2 (Channel Isles) has the VAT removed from the invoice

We are receiving more and more orders with incorrect shipping destinations. This is not only messing up the shipping costs, but is losing us orders if option 2 is selected in error. We have to contact the customer and explain that we cannot process their order with no VAT if being shipped to the UK Mainland

It seems that in most cases the customer is initially selecting the correct location. However the drop down menue stays active until the NEXT button is pressed. In most instances, customers using scroll mouses seem to either knock the scroll wheel accidentally or simply try to scroll down to the NEXT button. This often changes their location without them even realising.

As we only use 3 shipping zones, I think the most obvious cure would be to have 3 radio buttons (with UK Mainland selected as default)

Would appreciate any pointers on how to achieve this please?

We would gladly pay somebody to perform this modification for us.

Terry
    UKDVDR
    www.ukdvdr.co.uk
    sales@ukdvdr.co.uk
    Terry Ferrari

UKDVDR
    sales@ukdvdr.co.uk

Try this:-

Code:
    Edit ActOrder00.html (in Site1)

Look for the line:-

NETQUOTEVAR:PRELIMINARYINFORMATION

Replace it with:-

<!-- NETQUOTEVAR:PRELIMINARYINFORMATION -->
    <h3>Select Shipping Destination</h3><table width=400 border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2"><tr><td rowspan=3 align="LEFT"><span class="actrequiredcolor">Country:</span></td>
    <td align="LEFT">United Kingdom Mainland</td><td><input type=radio NAME="LocationDeliveryCountry" value="UK" checked></td></tr>
    <tr><td>Channel Isles (Jersey and Guernsey)</td><td><input type=radio NAME="LocationDeliveryCountry" value="CHI"></td></tr>
    <tr><td>Northern Ireland</td><td><input type=radio NAME="LocationDeliveryCountry" value="UKO"></td></tr>
    <tr><td colspan=2 align=left>If you want to ship the purchase to an address other than the invoice address, check this box:</TD><TD><INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX"  NAME="SEPARATESHIP" VALUE="YES"></TD></TR>
    </table>
    <INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" ID="lstDeliveryRegion" NAME="LocationDeliveryRegion" VALUE="UndefinedRegion">
    I took the country codes and info from the checkout at ukdvdr.co.uk so I guess that's what you wanted.

Norman
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Many many thanks Norman. It's perfect

If you need any recordable cd's or dvd's, please email me your address and I will send you some for free?

Thanks again and all the best for the new year

Terry
      UKDVDR
      Terry Ferrari

UKDVDR
      sales@ukdvdr.co.uk

Comment

Glad that helps. I tinkered with the code a bit to give it a nice layout as well as the functionality you wanted.

Remember that you will now have hard-coded the country list so if you subsequently change the countries in Actinic you'll have to amend that patch to follow.

Many thanks for the offer - very timely - I've just installed an LG GSA-4040B DVD writer so some compatible -R's would be nice.

I'm Norman Rouxel, 15 Midfield House, Lasswade, EH18 1ED.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Shipping info... cont.

On a related matter, I'm actually looking to remove the Shipping Destination Info altogether. Instead I would like the default setting to be UK mainland and for this option not even to have to be presented to the customer. Is this possible using the Business Settings without having to comment it out in Act_OrderXX.html?

Please advise.

kind regards,

Chris
          chris buck
          marketing director
          achieve-fitness.co.uk

Comment

It is not I'm afraid.

Even if 'United Kingdom' is your only country, you still need to have the Act_Order00 page present in order to supply the value to the Perl.

The only way to get rid of it is to have both shipping and tax as 'Simple' rather than 'Advanced'.

What you could do is edit Act_Order00.html to put more content in to justify its existence e.g. special offers, explanation of checkout, security/payment Ts and Cs.

Comment

Thanks, Chris, for the prompt reply. One last try though - it's just occurred to me that I might be able to have the "country" field set to 'UK' within a "hidden field"??

Or am I clutching at straws?

Cheers,

C
              chris buck
              marketing director
              achieve-fitness.co.uk

Comment

Yep - solution is given in

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...=&threadid=738

Comment

Thanks a million, Chris!

;-))