No announcement yet.

Updating Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not switch SSL off completely, refresh the site and then check if things are working, at least you can quickly find out if that is the issue then.

Comment

The site should have changed after switching of SSL for the site. At this stage there's probably two ways of approaching this:

1. Try and work out the problem by trying different things until we hit the one that's not doing what it should.

or

2. Do as Lee suggest. Go back to the least complex scenario (no SSL at all) and get that working. Then re-introduce bits until something fails.

I'd go with Lee's suggestion. That will be the quickest way to get the site working again and then you can spend as much / as little time on working out the problem as you like.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi everyone...

Right I have switched off the SSL for the entire site. Run an update; i thought it was going to work as the update took a little longer. However the site still remains not updated, so nothing is getting through still.

Thanks

Comment

OK. So let's see if we can get it working. Can you export, then copy and paste post your network settings as they are now.

And what happens if you run a network test?

Mike

Comment

Im sorry to keep dragging this out but we are just about to close the shop so I will have to pick up where we left off in the morning. Im so greatful for all your help so far.

Thanks

Comment

Good Morning...

I now have the ssl switched off for the enitre site. But when i run a network a test i get the following error;

"Actinic is not able to run the CGI scripts on the server. It appears as if the scripts are not installed. The most likely cause is that you have an incorrect CGI-BIN URL. If you've never uploaded the site, then you should do it before a download of orders. If you've uploaded the site ever, then Run Web | Configure Web Site Details... to review your web site configuration."

However I haven't changed anything

I will upload the export of the settings as a txt file again.

Thanks

Comment

Network Settings
                Attached Files

Comment

'CODEBASE' looks very wrong to me, compare to almost every other hosting setting to see what should go in there, i can't recall it off the top of my head.

Comment

Go to Help| Troubleshooting|website purge and refresh, that should get rid of all the old data, click all the little boxes that come up on the page
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi Chris (Ashdown), this isn't a problem of old stuff lying around. This is a problem of the site not updating because of network settings. I'm not sure a purge and refresh will help this.

Chris (cmarts1). If you ftp into your site what does the directory strubcture look like. The original post talks about some confusion between /Public_html/ and /www/ . So when you ftp into your site does it look something like this:

Public_html
                      ---acatalog
                      ---cgi-bin

Are there any directories and sub-directories in there that might be confusing the issue? An example would be a separate www directory. If so, what's in those directories?

Mike

Comment

Hi Mike

Sorry about the late reply. Im sorry im not really sure what im supposed to be looking for ?

Comment

That's OK. I've sent you a private message via the forum.

Mike

Comment

Hello Everyone...

I am pleased to say that it is working now.

Turns out it was down to a rouge sub domain... United Hostings looked further into the problem and discovered the issue.

Thanks so much for all your help

Comment

Working...
                            X