Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issues backing up databse upon closing of Actinic V7

Hi guys,

After my friend Clive got everything up and running for me a few days back (again thanks to Mike for his help on this forum) I have another problem.

My PC was running slow, so in my absence, my brother who is an IT tech decided to fiddle with it to make it quicker, part of the solution was to delete Actinic as he didn't recognise it. I have since reinstalled and got a connection with the site all OK, but I cannot exit the program as it cannot find the file "Site1\\Backup.mdb"

It says it is experiencing a I/O error, how do I sort this out? I guess I just create a file called Backup.mdb, but what would I use to do this?

Any help would be really appreciated and useful.

Thanks in advanced guys!

Andy

Close Actinic then try copying the Actinic database file ActinicCatalog.mdb and renaming it as Backup.mdb.

(If you want to speed up your PC; 1. Add memory, 2. Defrag, and 3 Rather go for a proper rebuild of the OS than remove software)

Comment

Hi Duncan,

Thanks for your reply to my problem. I have found ActinicCatalog.mdb but I cannot seem to copy it...... every time I do I am getting a message saying -

"Error 0x8007045D - The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error."

I have tried to copy said file to both my Desktop and Site1 folder as a copy, both gives me the same issue....... any ideas?

Ive got 6Gb RAM and just defragged, still slow, so I think an OS rebuild is the answer, thanks!

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Andy

Comment

Make sure Actinic is closed before trying to copy the database. Reboot the computer then try again.

If you're running windows 7 try disabling UAC.

Comment

Working...
        X