Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

increasing quantities with radio buttons

Hi,

Does anybody know how to add the option of larger quantities of a product but with a different price, while still calculating the correct weight and control the stock. For example I sell inkjet cartridges and I want to offer a black cartridge at £1.99 with options of 2 at £3.79 and 4 at £6.99. For layout purposes I would prefer to use radio buttons, but I loose the stock control feature if I do this.

I can do it using just components but it is very messy. You can see an example of mine at http://www.discsplus.co.uk/acatalog/Cakebox.html See "bulk prices on CDR"

Thanks to any help that can be given.
    Brad Sutherland - Discsplus

Unfortunately, it is only components that can be lined to stock quantities - you cannot link individual choice to stock quantities. Hence, if you want a selection to add a different quantity to the cart - you have to use a different component.

All I can suggest is some things to help you lay out your component checkboxes better.

To begin, open Act_VariantCheckBox.html and remove the <BLOCKQUOTE> tags around NETQUOTEVAR:PRICEEXPLANATION.

Also, go into 'Design | Text', clock 'Go to' and go to prompt 2045. This is the <br> tag that appears at the end of every component. You can remove this.

Comment

Thank you

Thank you very much for that, Chris. May I suggest that Actinic explore my needs in Version 7.

Thanks for the layout tips, it will really help a lot.

Thank you
      Brad.

Comment

are you on catalog or business?

business has a very neat feature that allows you to go into the prices part of a product, add another retail price, make that price different, and make its minimum order 500 say.....

works really really well, and i havent seen the ability to do it documented

see attached jpgs for results..

steve q.
        harlequin
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Steve, I am now looking in to buying the business version.

Thank you
          Brad.

Comment

Working...
          X