Bounce Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bounce Error

I've been experiencing frequent bounce errors with 2 Actinic ‘ver.6.1.3’ websites. Take a look at the sites below if you want to try to force the error:

www.realink.co.uk
    www.sung.uk.com

Real Ink is hosted on a Claranet shared SSL server and Snug is hosted on a corporate server with it’s own SSL cert. I don’t think this has anything to do with the error though?!

The error occurs during 'simple searches', 'update cart' or clicking on the ‘done’ button after checkout, so I assume this relates to the way the bounce page is working. During redirection you get a ‘page cannot be displayed’ error. If you hit ‘refresh’ the page usually displays correctly.

I’ve read various things about Zone Alarm and Norton Firewall causing bounce problems on the forum. I’m using Zone Alarm but a lot of the people who have experienced this problem have no firewall protection.

So my question is, does anyone have any ideas about what might be causing this or how to fix it? I’m just concerned that it will reduce customer confidence in the sites.
    Anthony Deeming

Green Jersey Web Design Ltd
    www.greenjersey.com

URL Correction

Sorry! The second URL should be:

www.snug.uk.com
    Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

I've been playing with the two sites, but as yet have not been able to see the error. If it's a 404 you are getting, it must be a server time out. Maybe during busier times, the SSL server does not respond quick enough. For me, both sites were quite zippy (the ink one, ironically enough, was faster than the snug one - even though the ink was was on a shared SSL server).

Sorry I cannot be any more help.

Comment

Cheers Chris.

I was hoping you were going to say it was a minor Actinic problem with the bounce page. Never mind.

As you suggested, I've also got a feeling it may be a Claranet Server issue. Funny that you found Real Ink faster than Snug, because the hosting arrangement cost a third of the price!
        Anthony Deeming

www.greenjersey.com

Comment

Working...
        X