Page Preview Slow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Page Preview Slow

We run V6 Dev. and have 5 sites within. When trying to do a page preview, it takes approximately 40 seconds for the preview page to appear. This problem seemed to have started at the same time a V5 Cat. site was upgraded / imported to V6 cat. (the upgrade was far from smooth). The problem effects all 5 sites. I have had it suggested that it is perhaps due to large number of orders now within each site but have tried removing them to no avail, the number of products is not hugh either, any more ideas?

Try going to 'Housekeeping | Compact Databases' and see if that helps at all.

Also, take a snapshot of one of your sites and then try applying one of the default themes. If this is much quicker then it may be an issue of your templates.

Also, does it take much longer than you expect just to do a single Offline Page Preview (Ctrl+A)? If that is pretty speedy, it may be the problem is with a specific area of the preview.

If all that turns up nothing, register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and the email support team can take a look at your snapshot and test for any problems.

Comment

Hi Chris

I have tried the housekeeping options of deleting & compacting but still slow. It also takes the same time for a CTRL A on any page even the test site that comes as standard. The Developer does not have this issue so I doubt that the templates are at fault.

Comment

Is that system connected to the Internet?

It could be that Actinic is trying to register a new site license. This happens whenever a new site is created.

It's meant (I think) to happen on an initial upload so it shouldn't really happen on Preview.

Norman
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

If you mean the test site, then no, it is not configured to access the net.

It does seem to be the only feature of actinic that is running slow, the dbases are not that big, around 15meg average.

Comment

All I can really recommend then is taking snapshots of all your sites (and copies of the Site folders) and then uninstalling and reinstalling Actinic.

Also, check how much RAM your PC has got. It may be you need a minimum of 128MB in order for Actinic to run well.

Comment

Working...
            X