Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC Communication Failure

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with this dilemma. Recently I have created a site for a client which uses the HSBC PSP integration.

Their site has gone live last Monday, however they have just come back to me stated that some of their users have contacted them saying that when they have gone through to the HSBC server and inputted all their credit card details. When they proceed with the tranaction after the Confirmation page the HSBC site comes back with a'Communication Failure' page. The user then tries again thus causing multiple orders to be dowloaded into the 'Orders/Pending Payment Service Provider'.

We have tried tranactions from our side and cannot seem to get this problem. Could it be a browser issue?

The client has contacted HSBC and they say that it's nothing to do with their side.

Has anybody else experienced this problem using the HSBC option? If so what was the problem causing this? Is there a solution?
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

If you have JavaScript disabled on your browser then the HSBC interface will fail. It may be worth checking this.

Comment

Chris,
      sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding this matter. From what you stated before do you mean that if javascript is not activated on a users browser then the person would not get onto the HSBC Server straight away from the site, or do they get on to the site, input their details and then when processing the order is gets knocked back?

In relation to this matter my client has talked to HSBC and seems to think that there may be a problem from their end although they are not giving any facts. They have suggested to her to use a gateway as an alternative route into their server. Theorectically would their be any difference going via a PSP instead of going stright into the HSBC server?

Has anybody else had any similar problems?
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

I am getting the same problem, I have spoken to HSBC
        and they are aware of the problem, they have had 70 reports, so this is major. It has a priority 1 status.
        They have said to try service pack Q832894 ( which is part of IE 6sp1) I have done this but it does not work.
        Phone 011628185448 the secure epayments team.
        if we all call they might find a quick solution.

Comment

I've got a store running in test mode, using HSBC, and I experienced the same problem during my first test.

The guy on the phone asked me to email (FAO Technical) and tell them exactly what happened as they are trying to deal with this issue at present. He asked that I include the Client ID in the email, and also send a screenshot of the error message, but I haven't had the problem again so I couldn't do that.

BTW the phone number is 0116 281 8548.

Malcolm
          ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
          ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
          ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

HSBC Virtual Terminal

Im soon to receive an HSBC virtual terminal (log in and password)
            does anyone here use one ? Im used to the old fashioned type that sits on a desk and plugs into the phone socket.

Cheers

Mick
            Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Artisan
              The guy on the phone asked me to email (FAO Technical) and tell them exactly what happened as they are trying to deal with this issue at present.
              Well, that didn't do a lot, I had a reply from HSBC...

"The main reasons for the "Communication Error" is that there is a timeout with the connection or a general problem with the security connection".

That doesn't sound much like a problem that's being addressed. Oh well.

Malcolm
              ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
              ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Just wondered if this issue is concluded as I have two clients considering using HSBC.

Many thanks

Cliff
                AnnWebCom

Comment

Originally posted by CliffTaylor
                  Just wondered if this issue is concluded as I have two clients considering using HSBC.
                  I've tested a couple of times since I last posted and I've had no problems, although you could phone HSBC's team on 0116 281 8548 if you want to be sure.

Malcolm
                  ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                  ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

My thanks to all who have answered this topic.

My client decided that they couldnt take the chance of this problem occuring therefore we have introduced 'Secure Trading' as a middle man for going into the HSBC server.
                    Regards.

Lee Jackson
                    Creative Director

Centurius Website
                    Portfolio of Work

Comment

I am still having this problem what is secure trading, it might be an option for me

Comment

hi there,

the link that you require is http://www.securetrading.com

They have been very helpful with transferring over to them. I hope that you recitfy your problem soon =)
                        Regards.

Lee Jackson
                        Creative Director

Centurius Website
                        Portfolio of Work

Comment

Working...
                        X