This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic v7 Launch

We are pleased to announce that Actinic v7 has successfully completed beta testing, and will begin shipping from 2nd June 2004.

The production release is available now from:

http://www.actinicdownloads.com/v7/

For further information about v7 and a walk through the new features, see:

http://www.actinic.co.uk/v7/

v7 PRICING

Product pricing remains unchanged, however Actinic Link and Digital Download will now be included free with Business and Developer.

UPGRADING

To upgrade: please contact Actinic sales on 0845 129 4800.
    • Anyone who purchased an Actinic v6 product after 14th April 2004 will be entitled to a free upgrade to v7 on request.
    • Anyone who purchased Actinic Catalog or Actinic Business v6 between 14th February and 13th April can purchase Actinic Cover at 50% discount and receive a free upgrade.
    These upgrade offers end 31st July 2004.

Please Note:

We recommend that existing users, and prospective customers who have already built a trial site in v6, should not upgrade to v7 until release 7.0.1, due out by the end of this month.

Please note that v7.0.0 is not compatible with Actinic Link. Link users must wait for v7.0.1 before upgrading.

When I upgraded to Developer V6 at the end of last year I got Atinic Cover for a year as well so I assume this means the upgrade will be free?
    www.butterflies-healthcare.co.uk
    www.viteyes.co.uk - vitamins for macular degeneration
    www.natorigin.co.uk - natural/organic cosmetics and skin care for sensitive skin & eyes
    www.butterflies-eyecare.co.uk - eye drops, vitamins and other eye care products
    www.prescription-swimming-goggles.co.uk - optical and prescription swimming goggles

Comment

Thats correct. Just one of the great benefits of Cover.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

One thing that I have often wondered about is if you upgrade your V6 using cover, can you still use it for your V6 sites or do you have to move them all over to V7?

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Not sure I understand you Jan.

Cover is just an alternative way of getting the upgrade.

As always, you can only upgrade the sites for which you buy (or get via cover) an upgrade licence. Any others will have to stay at V6.

Of course with Developer you effectively have unlimited licences.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

One thing that I have often wondered about is if you upgrade your V6 using cover, can you still use it for your V6 sites or do you have to move them all over to V7?
            Good point Jan. I would just develop new sites using V7 and keep V6 for existing sites.
            Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Hi,

We purchased "Actinic Developer v6 (with Developer subscription)" on Jan 12th 2004.

I'm right in thinking that the 'Developer subscription' is not the same as cover, so therefore I can't upgrade to v7 without buying it (or buying cover, of course!)?

edit:

Asking because I read "Includes Actinic Developer Subscription, which provides one year's free upgrades" of course on the v6 page!

edit 2:

then reads the "Actinic Developer Subscription" page and feels rather dull... =/

"The Actinic Developer Subscription offers professional web designers all-round peace of mind by providing free access to the most up to date product versions, telephone technical support and our online resource centre for one year."

Comment

Not sure I understand you Jan
                Sorry Mike I was thinking of developer users.

I agree with Gary that the logical thing would be to use both versions (or all versions as time goes by) but is this legal? Moot point for me really because I don't develop sites - I just find licensing interesting.

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Maybe Chris can clarify this for us.
                  Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Developer subscription is Cover for developer so yes, you get a free upgrade.

This also allows you to run Developer v6 and v7 in parrallel on the same machine so that you can migrate sites over time.

Hope that clarifies things.

Chris
                    Actinic

Comment

Thanks Chris.
                      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

I have Business + Cover (recently extended for a further year!)

I'm a bit confused about how I license my downloaded copy of V7 - do I need to obtain a new licence key from the sales team?

Jim

www.tutor2u.net
                        www.tutor2u.net

Smarta Marketing Firm of the Year 2011

tutor2u on Facebook

tutor2u on Twitter

Comment

Just contact sales to order your free upgrade, although we don't recommend that you do this until the first maintenance release, which we expect out in around 3 weeks time.

You will need to quote your current license key which will be marked as "retired" in our database and can't be used once the new version is live.

Hope that clarifies things.

Chris
                          Actinic

Comment

Currently we have a license for Developer v6. If we decide to wait on upgrading until v8 comes out, will we still be able go get the upgrade price going from v6 to v8 or will it be full price?

Comment

If you have a current Actinic Cover subscription at the time a new Actinic release comes out, then the cost of upgrading to that release will be included in the cost of the subscription.

Comment

Working...
                              X