Do you know the Weight o San José?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know the Weight o San José?

Sorry about the pun. Thought it might attract some attention..!

We run V6 linked to Sage line 50 via Actinic Link.
    We use product weights to calculate website shipping charges.
    Our Sage Sales Orders have this weight printed on them as a total.

All well and good so far...

When we transfer orders to Sage via Link the calculated weight total that appears on the Sales Orders is complete garbage! (ie 5.34kg for a 700g cycle helmet!)

If the same order is put on to Sage manually the totals are fine.

Doubly confusingly, if the website order is re-printed at a later date, the weight totals come out absolutely perfect!

Can anyone tell me what is happening here, or have we just wandered inadvertently into The Actinic Link Twilight Zone©

Steve Robertson

Hi there

I haven't come accross anything like this before. Do the weights come through into Actinic OK? Also, when you say "the website order is re-printed at a later date", is that printing from Sage or from Actinic?

Could you also confirm the version of Actinic Link you are using? This is in the version.ini file in the Actinic Link for Sage installation directory.

Comment

Hi Chris

All Sage weights transfer across to Actinic fine

Print outs are always done via Sage. (We don't use Actinic order processing at all)
      The first (and usually only) print comes out with ridiculous weights
      The second comes out fine....

We run v2.0.6.0.2 of Link

Any clues?

Ta
      Steve

Comment

I hate doing the whole 'buck passing' thing, but I strongly suspect the problem is with Sage and the Sage Data Objects that are used for transferring information into Sage.

I'm trying to replicate the issue, but I can't find a report in Sage that includes the weight. Could you let me know your steps for reproducing this issue?

Comment

Hi Chris

Better than that: here's my Sales Order layout file for Sage.

I warn you, I know v little about Sage, I'm just learning, so the Expressions may be to cock.....

Use Link to transfer a.n order (with weight data) from Actinic to Sage Line 50 (We use Financial Controller)

Print out that order using GRSOA4.sly.

You should find the first time is complete rot, the second time OK

I'll be waiting with baited breath....

Steve

Comment

ahem...

And this time actually WITH the attached layout file......

DOH!
            Attached Files

Comment

When I tried your report, my order line came through with a weight of zero, even though I had given it a weight of 5.00 in Actinic. I then investigated further, and foiund that the product within Sage had a weight of '0.00' and this was what Sage was using (i.e. rather than the weight from Actinic).

Back to your faulty products in the reports - do the products with the problems exist within Sage?

Comment

Hi Chris

Yes, all our products exist in Sage, with weights identical to those found on Actinic (the Link transfer synchronises both)

Steve

Comment

I'm afraid I am out of ideas on this one. It must be something to do with the SDO (Sage Data Objects) that pass information into Actinic. I have never come across anything like this before.

Unless there are some Sage experts out there, I suggest you either ask Sage if there are any known problems with weight values that have come in via the SDO - or you can register an email support request at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm and see if the email support team can shed any more light.

Comment

Working...
                  X