Component Quantity Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Component Quantity Issue

I'm a newbie. I've searched the forums for help on this one to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---

I sell magnets that comes in packs of 100 magnets. Customers may purchase any number of packs and I've broken down the prices (under Product Details/Prices Tab) so that they receive the appropriate discount on the magnets depending on how many packs they purchase.

So far so good.

Each product in Actinic has several components that are "one-time" purchases. For example, if the customer would like a logo added to their all their magnets, it is a flat $10 fee no matter how many magnets they bought. If the customer would like an electronic proof of their magnet sent to them, it is a flat $10 fee no matter how many magnets they bought. Make sense?

The problem I'm having is this: if a customer buys 7 packs of magnets, it shows that they buy 7 "add a logo" - which is incorrect (this adds $70 to their total purchase instead of the desired $10 flat fee). It also shows that they bought 7 "receive an electronic proofs" (again, adding $70 to their total purchase instead of the desired $10 flat fee). This is not correct.

Do you have any suggestions how to remedy this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

- fife

The only way to do this would be to not use components - and instead use separate products for the additional $10 design items.

If you use a template like 'No Image - Laid Out In Rows' for the design products, and a shopping mode of 'Quantity on Product Page - single add to cart button per page' for the section containing the magnets and the designs, then your customers can still add all the items to the shopping cart in one go.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the info. I came to the same conclusion while I was sitting in a Sunny San Diego traffic jam this morning...I put it to the test and it worked!

Thank you for your feedback,

- fife

---

edit:

p.s. If you like, I can private message you the results.

Comment

I put it to the test and it worked!
        Great news! Traffic jams are marvellous things.

I've done this a couple of times before so don't worry about pming the results.

Comment

Working...
        X