Upgrade to V6 site refresh times out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade to V6 site refresh times out

I have a working site with v5.1.4. I have upgraded to v6, imported a snapshot from v5, and upgraded v6 with the patch for v6.0.2 and when I try a site refresh the operation times out.

It gets as far as sending the files and them complains of either lack of space or file permissions. I can't see how space is anything to do with it as I have tried refreshing the existing site so I am only replacing existing files. Why else would it timeout before the refresh is complete?

It's a large site with thousands of products, but if the FTP process worked with v5 why should it timeout now?

TIA
    Ben
    Money Saving Eco Friendly Products | UK Dating | Love Horse Dating

No great suggestions I'm afraid other than:

1) Try uploading your v6 store into a 'test' sub-folder on your server to make sure it is separate from the v5 store. Also, make sure you are using a different script ID in order to not interrupt the existing cgi-scripts.

2) Upload your store one section at a time. This is done by marking all your sections as deleted, other than one, and then refreshing. Then undelete your store one section at a time and update with the blue up arrow.

If you want more detailed support free of charge, register a support request at www.actinic.co.uk/support

Comment

Working...
    X