CSS Integration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tableless pain

I am porting a client over to a tableless design. I have just run into a problem with the NETQOUTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION in Act_PRoductLine.html, I have rewritten it. The problem is the <P> tags that are embedded are causing me issues with a bacground style in the div. Is there a place I can change those <P> tags to <br/> or get them to add closing tags after the text and link? The problem is in Firefox. FYI I am planning on implementing a DHTML based pagination also. "When" I finish I would be happy to share it.

Dan

Comment

I think all you need to do is go to 'Design | Options | Miscellaneous' and select 'Use <BR> in Paragraphs'

Really looking forward to seeing the finished site!

Comment

Thanks- That did it.

Comment

Really looking forward to seeing the finished site!
          Me Too! Cant get my head around the section and product layouts.
          Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Whew

Got the parts of the products section completed. This section is kind of tableless. Basically act_productbody, act_productlinecols and all the snippets they call are tableless. Act_primary is getting pared down everytime I have to touch the templates, one day soon I will have it all done. But take a look at the font sets and shape sets product areas and see the tableless layout and pagination.
            I am very thick skinned so offer any and all thoughts. Particularly about any issues with "Compact HTML/CGI" anyone has had. It totally destroys my clients design, of course I haven't had/taken the time to see what it is pulling out that kills me.
            This is a dev site- NOT the live site. So please don't try and order anything.
            Shape Sets

Thanks for the help.
            Dan Carney

Comment

Hi Bundio,

I've just been looking at your website and you seem to be keeping tables for overall structural layout? Is this intentional?

Andy

Comment

I am ripping out the table structure piece by piece. Inside out. I finished the font, shapes, accessory product sections. The cutter section was obviously designed as a table layout, I don't have to rewrite that one yet. Only doing it as the client wants the sections rewritten. And I cant remove the main table yet, haven't rewritten all the pages yet. And the header section is also legacy, so I won't thckle that till the client wants a change.

Comment

Oh right,

I just thought it was interesting you had a hybrid of CSS and Tables. Actinic is quite tricky to convert over to CSS. Even some of the HTML currently in the software is depricated. It took us around 2 weeks to convert over to a pure CSS design so I sympathise with your task. Best of luck.

Comment

Thank you-
                    The consultant before me made some decisions that I have to live with or rewrite. I will get there, but it will take time.

Comment

Just wondering how the CSS template mentioned was coming along, is it available for download anywhere?

Comment

I didn't get amazingly far, but you can see the progress I made in a 701 snapshot...

http://www.actinic.co.uk/v7/css_theme.acd

It's not really suitable for use in a site - it's more just something to help designers come up with their own designs.

Comment

Dundee, Bundio, Chivalry, Dybbuk, Cdicken et al...

Boy is it a relief to read your thread. I have spent similar amounts of time and heartache trying to rip these Act_Whatever.html files apart and bring them into the modern world. It is wonderful to read that I am not alone!

CDicken - are your efforts the only ones ever published? Is there a plan to create a single standard pure CSS Actinic Theme that we can all hang our hats on and then spend our time creatively styling it rather than re-inventing the wheel?

I am a couple of weeks from finishing my CSS masterpiece, you can see where I am at at www.homebits.co.uk.

Regards,

click-through.

Comment

CDicken - are your efforts the only ones ever published?
                            TO date, yes.
                            Is there a plan to create a single standard pure CSS Actinic Theme that we can all hang our hats on and then spend our time creatively styling it rather than re-inventing the wheel?
                            Absolutely, though it won't be in v7. For now you will need to unpick the design I have done and use to build your own designs. In the future there will be Actinic designs where content and presentation are totally separated.

Comment

Chris,
                              Do you have any updates regarding the "pure CSS Actinic Theme"? I gather there's a Catalog V8 due out later this year. Will it include this?

Thanks

Dave

Comment

CSS themes

Here's what I want to know: Why in the world is the body tag for BusinesCSS filled with formatting??? It is impossible to remove from the template without creating a generating HTML error message. Having the formatting in the body tag defeats the purpose of the CSS! I had to comment out the Actinic body tag and then put in a new, pure body tag of my own, to circumvent the problem.

Second, why this love affair with nestled tables? Even when they don't make the least sense they're there. It's a pain to strip off all the excess tables and sometimes it's not even possible without creating untold horrors. Like Ted I keep ripping and ripping and ripping...

yvonne
                                http://hiddenvalleyhibiscus.com

Comment

Working...
                                X