Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping

In the shipping bands I have set up the weight/cost for both UK second class post and standard parcel service rates. The highest second class rate is 0.75kg with a cost of £2.12. I have found that an order can be made to exceed that weight but will still show £2.12.

How can I set this up so that if an order goes over the maximum second class weight it will automatically pick up the parcel rates.

Bob
    Supporting the environment. This post uses 100% recycled electrons.
    Bob Isaac
    Director/Web Admin
    Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Actinic MS Business Version 8.5.2

Hi Robert

I have passed on this issue to the development team and will keep you posted.

Cheers
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Robert

I am afraid the only way to achieve this is to set up rates for weights above 0.75 kgs in the shipping class Second Class Post itself.

Cheers
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Is there a quick way to transpose all those rates from the Parcel rates that I have set up into the Second class rates. A file somewhere? I am suprised this has not been highlighted before and looked into.

Thanks.
        Bob Isaac
        Director/Web Admin
        Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

Maybe I didn't understand the question, but can't you just select the '2nd class' shipping option and tick the 'don't allow excess' box under 'excess'.

That way '2nd class' shipping shouldn't be shown as an option for weights over 0.75 Kg.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I tried that as it seemed an obvious way, but it did not work. Even with an order well over 750g it still showed 2nd class as an option.
            Bob Isaac
            Director/Web Admin
            Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

That's odd - because it works fine with mine.

What should happen is that if an order goes above 750g, 'Second Class Post' should disappear from the shipping class selection drop-down.

One thought - it may still show Second Class Post in the shopping basket, but once you go into the checkout, it should not be in the drop-down box for shipping class selection, and the order should switch to using an alternative shipping class.

Comment

I was making a test purchase and noticed that the shipping remained at £2.12 despite adding more heavy items, and remained so until the end of the purchase process. I will clear session files and maybe browser files and see if it makes a difference.
                Bob Isaac
                Director/Web Admin
                Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

I have tried all combinations of settings, and the Second Class rate still shows in the Checkout when the items total weight exceeds 750g.

What settings do you have in the Business Settings | Shipping and Handling | Shipping tabbed section?
                  Bob Isaac
                  Director/Web Admin
                  Volvo Owners Club Ltd

Comment

See if the attached screenshot helps.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X