Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PROTX problem - file not found

Hi.

I am running a site in test mode at the moment and when you put an order through, everything seems fine. You enter your card number on the PROTX test page and then you get a screen saying authorising but then it goes to a file not found page. I believe it should go to a page which confirms your payment has been a success and gives out a reference number.

The order comes back through to Actinic as a PSP Pending.

I don't know whether this is an Actinic fault or a PROTX fault.

Anybody have any suggestions? Or should I just contact PROTX? - what is their support like?

Thanks

Ben.

Any ideas?

Hi.

I received a reply from PROTX support. Can anybody help me out with what they mean? I have no idea how to sort this out.

I have attached their email:

The final redirection URL being provided by your website is:

http://www.ukdesignweb.co.uk/~portab...ratchet%2ehtml

This is what's creating the 'page not found' error on your web server, so you need to check the formatting of this URL to ensure that it's being generated correctly. It may be something to do with the characters contained in the URL.

Regards,

Protx Support.
    ----------------

Thanks.

Ben.

Comment

Hi there

Could you please confirm that

http://www.ukdesignweb.co.uk/~portableweld/cgi-bin/

is the URL of your cgi-bin

Comment

Yep I have cheked and that is the URL of the cgi-bin.

The email from PROTX made it sound like I should be able to check on the status of the URL for the re-direction. Should I be able to do this?

Thanks.

Ben.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not 100% sure.

I know that with Protx there is some configuration you need to do to the Actinic files before you will be fully configured with your Protx account.

Edit 'OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl' within the 'CommonOCC' folder and locate the following

####################################################
          # PROTX VPS Specific constants here
          ####################################################

my $sPassword = 'testvendor';
          my $sConfirmationEMail = '';

replace 'testvendor' with your Protx password, and also include your email address in between the quote marks for $sConfirmationEMail.

Comment

Hi Chris.

I tried what you suggested, but it came back with a different error message about the password being incorrect.

Protx support just sent me the following:
            ----
            Hi Ben,

You will need to speak to Actinic to find out how you change the page to which your notification is sent.

Best regards,

Protx Support.
            ----

If you would like to see for yourself what happens, go to here

I thought Protx would have told me how to sort it out, but they don't seem to know

Thanks Chris

Ben.

Comment

Ben

The problem I have is that Protx usually works fine straightaway - I can't work out why you are having all these issues.

The page to which Protx is referred to after the transaction takes place is actually automatically generated by Actinic. And it should work.

Interestingly, I just tried clicking on the URL that does not seem to be working and I got an Actinic script error, rather than a 404 'File Not Found', which indicates to me that maybe it is worth trying it again.

It could be something to do with it being in test mode. Could you maybe try putting it into full mode and then just trying a test transaction, for a small amount, which you refund afterwards.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have refreshed the web site and tried again, all was looking well as the transaction stage seemed to do an extra bit, but then as usual it went to the file not found 404 page.

I have also clicked on the link above and get an actinic error.

When you put an order through, the address to which it is trying to redirect to is here

It appears to just be complete jibberish. Could it be trying to find something located elsewhere on the servier ie. not in the /~portableweld directory?

I can't try putting a real transaction through just yet as I am waiting for the client to sort the protx account out, he needs to complete the registration.

Does the order always come through to Actinic as a 'Pending Payment Service Provider' order when running in test mode?

Thanks

Ben

Comment

I too went live with my upgraded V7 site today and did not realise that the OCC file data was lost as part of the upgrade...

Does anybody know if the need to do a full Refresh or a simple update will be sufficient?

Comment

It appears to just be complete jibberish. Could it be trying to find something located elsewhere on the servier ie. not in the /~portableweld directory?
                    I have never seen anything that looks like that before. Yikes! I think you need to register an email support query at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.html as I am out of ideas.

An order will go into Pending PSP if Protx fails to make the call back to the Actinic scripts. If your callback looks like that jibberish, it is clearly not happy. Something is getting corrupted in your site. The URL that Protx tell you is the returning URL...
                    Code:
                    http://www.ukdesignweb.co.uk/~portableweld/cgi-bin/os000001.pl?SEQUENCE=3&ACTION=%3cBack&REFPAGE=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eukdesignweb%2eco%2euk%2f%7eportableweld%2facatalog%2fHand_ratchet%2ehtml
                    is fine. The jibberish is not. Have you mentioned the jibberish to Protx? What have they said?

Comment

I too went live with my upgraded V7 site today and did not realise that the OCC file data was lost as part of the upgrade...

Does anybody know if the need to do a full Refresh or a simple update will be sufficient?
                      You always need to do a full refresh when you upgrade. It is essential.

Comment

Did anybody find the solution for this problem? Because I run into the same problem here.

Comment

Hi David

Have you done what Chris has mentioned in the #5 post: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...71&postcount=5

Kind Regards
                          Nadeem Rasool
                          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                          X