Actinic Desktop is now called SellerDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brucet
    If you install SellerDeck v11 over an Actinic v11 version, it will create new 'Sellerdeck v11' folders in My Documents, Program Files and ProgramData (assuming you use the default settings) but it won't delete the old Actinic folders. However it should be safe to delete the Actinic v11 folders manually once the SellerDeck installation is complete.

If you uninstall Actinic v11 first and then install SellerDeck v11, the Actinic folders will be deleted.
    Actinic 11.02 installed. Ran SellerDeck 11.03 exe. Only option was to update Actinic v11, after installation of 11.03 no SellerDeck Folders present on the machine.
    Jonathan Chappell
    Website Designer
    SellerDeck Website Designer
    Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
    Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
      You are phoning every Actinic user??????
      Well, all of our service customers, you can imagine thats quite an undertaking.

Someone asked me in a previous question how we are planning on getting the SellerDeck message out, I answered "aggressively", the first part is with our existing customers. I hope an undertaking like this demonstrates our ambitions.
      Benjamin Dyer
      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Actinic 11.02 installed. Ran SellerDeck 11.03 exe. Only option was to update Actinic v11, after installation of 11.03 no SellerDeck Folders present on the machine.
        My mistake, sorry, I got it the wrong way round

An upgrade will use the same settings as the previous version. A clean install of 11.0.3 will by default use folder names with SellerDeck.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Re: http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...3&postcount=85

I had the call this morning. Guy on the phone introduced himself as "calling from Actinic" #rebrandingfail
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
            Re: http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...3&postcount=85

I had the call this morning. Guy on the phone introduced himself as "calling from Actinic" #rebrandingfail
            We decided to introduce ourselves as Actinic as not everyone would have heard about the new name. We don't want people to hang up / ignore left messages thinking it was a generic sales call.
            Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Will Sellerdeck 2013 be based on Access still or are there plans to migrate to SQL, the base technology is getting very creaky, I have to have Access loaded for some of our routines, and this is getting harder with Windows 7 and 64 bit machines. Still use a crystal reports 8.5 to change the report layout as well.
              David Sewell
              The Cotton Patch
              http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk
              http://www.rotarycuttershop.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by maroni35 View Post
                Will Sellerdeck 2013 be based on Access still or are there plans to migrate to SQL, the base technology is getting very creaky, I have to have Access loaded for some of our routines, and this is getting harder with Windows 7 and 64 bit machines. Still use a crystal reports 8.5 to change the report layout as well.
                Hi,

We do have a product based on MSSQL called Enterprise, feel free to give it a trial.

Regarding reports, this is on our roadmap, but no commitments here. We are working very hard to decrease the time between major releases to close these gaps, as hopefully demonstrated with the SD'2013 preview.
                Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Dear Ben thanks for the reply, yep know about Enterprise and we are looking at it, going to be checking in with some of your sellerdeck people shortly.

But whilst we have your attention and you were talking about roadmaps and future, then I was pushing on the Access thing to see if you were thinking about changing it for the main desktop applications.

For my pennyworth, glad to see that you are focussing on the desktop products because the constant sales pitch for an online solution that I had evaluated and did not want was not only getting annoying but was also worrying, since the perception was that you wanted to dump the desktop version.

Sellerdeck is fine but there is no way I am going to get the people in my office to stop calling it actinic!
                  David Sewell
                  The Cotton Patch
                  http://www.cottonpatch.co.uk
                  http://www.rotarycuttershop.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by maroni35 View Post
                    Sellerdeck is fine but there is no way I am going to get the people in my office to stop calling it actinic!
                    We've set up a "swear pot" in the office, its pretty full.
                    Benjamin Dyer

Comment

All ahead full

I think the new name is going to take a little while to take hold over the previous name, especially as Actinic Online continues to exist and takes the name fully, but I have no problem with the new SellerDeck name which actually proves to me that the desktop version still has the focus and continued longevity that many have questioned with the constant promoting of the online version, as im sure it cost a fortune to rebrand so you dont spend on that to kill it off.

Good luck to SellerDeck - heres to another 12 years of working together

Comment

If the desktop software turns out to be a poor seller in the future will it be dropped?
                        ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                        ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                        ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Our plans are to develop the software forward. We believe there are many strengths in the desktop model, and the major weaknesses can be addressed over time. We are working on SD2013 right now and are also at an early stage of discussing SD 2014 internally.

We actually get the large majority of our revenue from subscriptions (of which Cover is the largest part) so we are much less sensitive to new software sales than we were a few years ago. As a result, the chance of SellerDeck completely disappearing and/or totally ceasing development is close to zero.

Our hope is that we will grow new software sales form this point, although time will tell. we are certainly starting to do more marketing of the desktop product than we have done in the last year.

Chris

Comment

I understand the need to 'talk up' Sellerdeck but I have just had this from a client with a huge Actinic Desktop site with a world wide customer base and felt I should post it to give some balance:

Yes some "Actinic" guy rang yesterday "brimming" of enthusiasm about their new "about tp be launched" v12 and all it "must have" extras! Did I want to order now? NO!

Told him we had just upgraded to v11 and had enough on our plate earning a living without rush out to upgrade something not established. He then when into great raptures about the re-naming of Actinic with some stupid name which I didn’t catch!
                            Informed him it all sounded to me like an unnecessary money wasting exercise – and they would do better spending any surplus cash improving facilities to existing customers! Also added I was busy and had better things to do.

That was followed by him asking if I planned to attend some conference they were shortly holding – again an apparent "must be seen to be going!" job!

Replied “NO!”

This drew considerable surprise and upon being asked why the following response was forthcoming..

Boring!
                            In my opinion a utter waste of my time
                            Plus a waste of my money
                            and to be honest I’d sooner drive abroad, than around the M25!
                            Jonathan Chappell
                            Website Designer
                            SellerDeck Website Designer
                            Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                            Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by graphicz View Post
                              I understand the need to 'talk up' Sellerdeck but I have just had this from a client with a huge Actinic Desktop site with a world wide customer base and felt I should post it to give some balance:
                              Jonathan, I understand not everyone likes the name change, your own views have been very clear.

It is a fact of life that there are people that tend to overlook the positives in favour of the negatives. During this rebranding process we have worked tirelessly to keep our customers updated. We have made these decisions to benefit our customers in the long term. We are not perfect, we don't pretend to be, we are in fact our own biggest critics, but we are striving to continuously improve every aspect of our business.

Regarding the conference, believe me its hard work to put on an event like this, we certainly don't do it for ourselves we do it for our customers. Networking with other successful merchants and learning from industry leaders is anything than "Boring!".

In the years we have run this community we have prided ourself on being open and allowing free comment. Believe me if you post something similar on some of our competitors boards you wouldn't be receiving a reply but a ban and I am afraid posting unsourced commentary does not constitute balance. I can take criticism on the chin, but in the future if you have feedback like this can I suggest you send me a private message and we can see what we can do to help.

Our business is evolving, but our core ethics and beliefs are the same today as they were when the business was founded. I hope my team can help dispel your concerns by living up to the high standards we set ourselves.
                              Benjamin Dyer

Comment

I really didn't like it when I got the email, but as the days have gone by and I have read the arguments put forward by people on here who are far more rational thinkers than me, and that I respect, my attitude has mellowed and I can see lots of positives from what has happened.

I only play at e-commerce, would never make a living from it, but have invested a fair amount of money and even more time in the product over a ten year period, so it's in my interests to work with, rather than rant against the company.

I got my phone call and the young chap who called me was very pleasant and explained it all in a logical manor. He didn't try to sell me anything from memory.

I also bought a ticket for the conference, I have never been before and will be well out of my depth, but as above see it as a chance to move forward.

I asked myself if I was new to this and looking for a desk top e-commerce solution, would the name on the box matter a single jot, or is what's in the box more important?
                                www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X