Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coupon/voucher can trigger unwanted shipping charge

Hi

I have set up a promotion coupon/voucher to deduct £10 from the shopping cart by clicking a link in an email. Works nicely, but problem is, if the pre-coupon order is below £35, the reduced cart value is £25 or less, which triggers our default £2 shipping charge for orders under £25.

Anyone know how we can NOT apply the £2 default carriage charge when the £10 coupon is applied to an order between £25 aqd £35?

Thanks

Malcolm

www.shs100.com

I don't think you will be able to do this from one link.
    Why not leave it as it is - it is still an incentive to add more to the order, voucher or not.

What happens for example if they order an item that costs just £10, would you want them to get it for free as well as free shipping? Bearing in mind that they could also reuse the discount code.

Comment

I agree.

Maybe make a note in the email that the minimum order is still £25 for free delivery. You do still need to cover your delivery costs.
      Sam
      http://www.originaltouch.co.uk
      http://www.spcb.co.uk

If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.

Failure is the tuition you pay for success.

Comment

Hi there

Thanks for input. My offer is "You get the £10 voucher on an order for £25 or more". Then the £10 voucher takes them to the cart form their email and the £10 - is already taken off.

The discount offer says they can only use it once. As we charge offline, we can make sure on this one.

I do need to cover delivery... but the problem is of trust: If I say "place an order for over £25" and they place an order for £17 or £28, get £10 knocked off, then £2 added on, I could not argue if someone said they were only getting £8 discount.

If anyone has any other ideas they would be appreciated.

Happy New Year!

Malcolm

Comment

Why not change it to a % off

Comment

Thanks for the thought. The reason is that "£10 off" is generally more impactful than "10% off" or "15% off". However, I will split test the percentage off in the future.

The trust problem is still there however; the offer should really be "15% off if you spend over £35", because if it's £25-35 then they get an extra £2 added back on again. Some people could feel ripped.

Cheers

M

Comment

The reason is that "£10 off" is generally more impactful than "10% off" or "15% off".
              Debatable IMO - with a % the more they spend the more they see they are getting off. With a fixed £10 thats all they will ever get - it depends really on your average order value.

Comment

Working...
              X