Is it possible to have different colours/header pictures on different pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL

Right never got a chance to look at this today, well having a cant be arsed day to day, web work is a back seat, working on sales and quotes have seemed a little more important. But i will follow up on this and them blasted blocks

Comment

Ooo.. look at all the pubs you have to pass on the way home

http://www.yell.com/ucs/UcsSearchAct...s&location=ME8

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

PMSL and theres some missing i add, ooh and some i wont be going in either

Comment

OK stuff the blocks, i went down the variables root and just select them at section level

Thanks all, and its definately the easiest way, been a good learning curve for me if nothing else

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
            OK stuff the blocks, i went down the variables root and just select them at section level
            works just as well, IMO
            Tracey

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
              works just as well, IMO
              Oh and why did you not asy that the other day

Comment

If you don't have a blockif you can't choose which pages are to have it and which are not? the blockif around the flash code looks to see if you have added a filename, if you have it shows the flash, if you haven't then it adds nothing. Is it to be on all pages? You said not at the start, so not sure how you stopping it showing if not using a blockif?

Comment

You could use a form of javascript to make the banner change each time you refresh somthing like ive done on this sites side banners www.tabletennistableshop.co.uk
                  Kind Regards,
                  Simon

sigpic

Comment

Simon, it does not change for me?

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                      If you don't have a blockif you can't choose which pages are to have it and which are not? the blockif around the flash code looks to see if you have added a filename, if you have it shows the flash, if you haven't then it adds nothing. Is it to be on all pages? You said not at the start, so not sure how you stopping it showing if not using a blockif?
                      I have a different flash for each section, i now just select what one i want to use, i also have "use parent" so if i dont select one then it just uses the default

i have attached some iamnges to show what i mean
                      Attached Files

Comment

"flash" is a selector from which you can assign any of the 4 layouts you have created... about flash, face flash, product flash and terrace flash.

You now need to wrap your "flash" selector and test it ... highlight "flash" and click on the green block if ... here is where you enter the test.

I would do this slightly different .. there are more than 1 way to do it and it depends on your needs and experience... but a simple option

1. create a new variable eg FlashSelection and scope to the section.. we will use numbers to make the selection
                        2. set the default to 1 and use parent
                        3. create a new product layout called FlashLayouts ... in this enter your 4 flash files eg

<flash1.swf><flash2.swf>....
                        4. hihglight each of these in turn and click on the insert block if
                        5. in the pop up you need to test each in turn eg

FlashSelection == 1
                        FlashSelection == 2
                        FlashSelection == 3
                        FlashSelection == 4

6. on the pages you then need to set the FlashSelection accordingly ... so Actinic sees "oo.. this section is a 3 therefore I will insert flash3.swf"

7. insert your FlashLayout into the page where you currently have "flash"

HTH

Bikster

Comment

Thanks Jont, so this sort of lets actinic do it and make it a little eaier to set each layout rather than try to remember file names then, all i have to do is manually select them, i created the layouts, inserted it then change the flash file for each section.

Comment

If you are intent in making the pub and not using block ifs another option is to give all your flash files incrementing values eg:

flash1.swf
                            flash2.swf
                            flash3.swf
                            flash4.swf

.. where flash1.swf is the default file.

Create a variable called MyFlash scoped at section and site and set initial to 1

In the layout simply add flashMyFlash.swf and that will insert the number set at the section or site default (obviously the bit in blue is the actinic variable and needs inserting as such)

Pub in 2 minutes with that version

Bikster

Comment

LOl thanks Jont, and that is pretty much what i ahve settled on. I lost to much drinking time last week.

thanks for the ideas and advice

D

Comment

Working...
                              X